This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Sunday, July 17, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to my Baby Jonna!

So, my baby was born two years ago from Saturday! Proud big brother here, and still a proud brother!

I am pretty sure it was just as hot Saturday as it was on the day she was born!

She has grown so much!

She has kind of lost the red tint in the hair, but has gained a few more teeth!


On her birthday party a year ago!



Jonna's look of seriousness. If I only knew what was milling around in this little girl's head!




Saturday morning, we awoke, and gave her her Dora bike. 9am, out riding away. She hopped right on at first without her helmet. She is very proud of her bike helmet,and ususally she will have put it on before we even approach the bike. So that was the sign that she was so excited. I think her excitement is a little more like her Dad's. You have to know her to see that she is excited about something. It's not the hip hip hooray excitement like Ben and I are.

She walked up to the bike, and examined it. Then hopped right on! When I was pregnant, I always knew she was gonna be an active little girl.

Riding her Dora Bike! Sniffle, sniffle... She is so stinkin big!


We went to Grandma's after swimming at the pool,nap, and playing babies! You were so sweet, you would lay on the pillow and put your baby next to you with the blanket all the way up to your chins. I would give your baby a kiss on the forehead, and you would point to your forehead, so that I would in turn kiss you. Precious little girl!

Dad smoked some chickens. I made potato casserole, tomato mozzarella salad, and yours and your brother's favorite - PEAS! We brought it over to Grandmas for dinner! You had a two helping of chicken. You have always been my meat eater. You finally cut through the bottom two eye teeth, and the top one's aren't too far behind. Gma Deena made icecream cone cupcakes. And we had double fudge brownie icecream. Somehow you manage to get it down your front, and also down both legs. I guess this means you just really enjoy it! We have learned to strip you down to a diaper when you eat icecream.

Last night, Benjamin and you played superhero's and chased Mugsy around the house because he was the bad "guy" you had a Buzz Lightyear gun, and Benjamin carried the sword. I was cleaning out his closet and found his spiderman costume. So, You HAD to put it on. Ben took his turn next, but he was nice enough to give you the mask and you ran around with mask on and only in a diaper. Both jumping on his bed. Screaming, Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-yahhhhhhh! And boom, boom, boom fending off the villain, "Mugsy". My favorite little girl in the entire world!

Jonna baby! We love you!

No comments: