This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, July 17, 2009

Update from Dad


Hello everyone, father of two checking in. I guess first of all I need to make the official announcement of Jonna's arrival. She came into this world on July 16th, at 8:44 am. She was 19.5" long and 7 lbs., 12 oz. The whole procedure went wonderful. Things are going well here in the hospital. Its really looking like we won't be going home until tomorrow. For the most part, we are okay with that. I'm really feeling bad for Benjamin though. I took him home last night, but we didn't get home until bed time, so we didn't get to hang out much. We were able to spend a little time together this morning though. After breakfast, we drove to town to visit Mom and Baby Jonna in the hospital. He did pretty good with Jonna again. He really likes to hold her and point out all her body parts! I think he knows that he needs to be gentle with her, but I don't think he's quite capable of being gentle enough! We didn't stay to long, the hospital room is just not big enough for a 2 year old. Then we went to the fire station down the street so he could play in the fire truck for a little bit. Next we went to Grandma and Papa Kusicks house. He really didn't want me to leave him there. I felt so bad for leaving him again. I hope he doesn't get too mad at us for not hanging out with him very much this weekend. Back at the hospital, Jonna got her pictures taken for the nursery website. They said the pictures probably won't be up until tomorrow, but here is the website, Our365. Here are some more amateur pics;



5 comments:

Lori O said...

I love the video of Ben & Jonna. So sweet! Hope you all are having fun and enjoying your new addition!

Crystal Ann said...

Oooooo! A video, how exciting... love technology these days! Looks very familiar with the "Be gentle" guidance-- :) Glad you're doing well. Oh, Ava watched this and kept saying "Hi Ben, hi Mia, hi Jonna!!" as she waved her little arm off! Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

oh how cute! Ben is so cute with Jonna! He is trying to "get to know her"!
everyone looks great! Glad things are going well!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell Daddy he did a great job at updating! keep it up!
Deborah

Miranda said...

LOVE THE VIDEO!! Too cute! Thanks for the update, Jake!