This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, July 14, 2011

Catch my breath feeling.

Lately, I have not been able to get over how blessed our family has been. I mean really we are doing all right. You always hear of so much pain and suffering, hardships in the world, or even locally in your own town. It makes me sad, but then it also points me right back to being thankful for all the good that God has provided for Jake, me and the kids. We have the material things we need. A home, car, clothes (be horrible if we had to run around naked wouldn't it :), jobs (we love). But we also have so much more. We both come from great families. Have tremendous siblings and amazing parents. We are fortunate for the first time to be close in residance to both sets of our parents. Which means most importantly, our children are going to grow up knowing both sides very well!!

Jonna is going to be two years old in two days! And Ben had his birthday 10 days before that. This month of the year is my most favorite month. For years to come it is going to give me the most memories. The kids birthdays, my birthday. Who would have thought. I even had a crazy thought this morning that I would want the third child to be born in July for the reason that we could keep it all in the same month!

Which brings me to an entire other point. I have been thinking a lot, lot, lot about having another child. With all these people close to me being pregnant. How couldn't I?! Tasha is due the 27th this month. Jessica is due the 31st next month, my friend Vicki is due October 10th, and Jake's sister Alyssa is due in December! I mean why shouldn't we get pregnant? Well, cuz we can't afford it. I know, if you wait to be able to afford a baby, you would never have one. Imagine a three child a month daycare bill. We couldn't afford it, unless well we won the lottery ;). So, for now we wait. In the mean time, I will get as much baby holding time in with my family and friend's new additions as I can.

We are very blessed that I get to fly out to spend time with Jessica after her little girl Jayda is born in mid september. And also blessed that Jake will get to go out to Utah to celebrate his youngest sister's marriage in mid August.

All of these good things happening, but let not forget the daily goodness! Watching Ben and Jonna grow is by far one of the most amazing things to be able to do as a parent. They make my heart melt. I find myself catching my breath when I watch them go about daily activities. I can't tell if it is me fighting back tears of happiness, or a shreik of joy that I can't hold in! I am always so proud of them as kids, but I am kind of proud of Jake and I as parents. I guess we aren't considered a normal family. Jake's schedule makes it somewhat abnormal compared to other two parent families, but it is our kind of life. And I really like it. Ok, sometimes I don't really like it, but I am getting used to it. I still get stressed, but that comes with territory of being a parent. I even find myself listening to Jake talk to the kids or make funny faces back and forth with Jonna, and I get the "Catch my breath good feeling" again. In a way this life allows both of us to enjoy not just the family time of all four of us together, but it allows Me to have my time with the kids, but when Jake watches the kids for times when I go to dinner with friends or while I work out on the weekend. It also give him that "Father alone time" And I truly believe the kids NEED this.

I become filled with the spirit. That is what I will call it. Life is good and all is well in Holee land.

I can't wait until Saturday to give Jonna her brand new spankin "DORA!" bicycle!

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

I've been doing that a lot lately too! Gotta remember the good things when life is so stressful