This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, July 21, 2011

Unsettling Feeling in the Gut

Do you ever have one of those? I had one today that about made me so upset I could have cried. So, I did my best to touch base with everyone and make sure they were okay. Siblings, kids' sitter, Jake. My brother was flying to Denver today to visit my sister and her husband. He was kind enough to send me a text saying, his plane crashed and he fell in a volcano. Nice.

All I can think is that I have inherited a bit of "worry wart" from my Mom, and it can be really annoying somtimes. For me and probably for others too.

So, anyways, sometimes I have these feelings. I know everything is going well in Jake and I's lives, and sometimes i think we are waiting for that bad thing to happen next. Everything can't be great all the time right? Well, he is going to have to leave his part time job because they are downsizing. His last month may be this or possibly August. No more sweet discounts at Best BUY! But that will be okay. He has goals in another area, and it should work out well. Hopefully!

So, I went to the gym on lunch with my nerves a little uneasy, and had an incredibly good workout. I pushed myself really hard. I went in to a lift saying I would get at least 10 and would go for 15. Or a chin down of 10 and get 12. A pull down of 7 and get 9. It was great. I was able to keep the form and do more reps than I went in thinking I could do. It's amazing what a good workout will do for your anxiety level.

Even so, I am especially anxious to get home and hug and play with Ben and Jonna.

No comments: