This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Month old, 2 years and 1 month, and 29 y/o olds!

Contemplation: What a combination resulting in never a dull moment.

First, Jonna! Man, what an absolute doll. She is growing so quickly. I can't believe a month has passed and in three weeks I am back to work. She is drinking 4 to 5 oz a feeding. Still up 3 times a night to eat, but always allowing a nap for Mom in the morning, which is most helpful. She has fought a case of baby acne, that got worse before it got better, and I can finally tell she is clearing up. It is her pores and sweat glands opening up, and when she gets warm or in the sun, it becomes much more apparent. Poor girl. But doesn't seem to bother her a bit. She also still has a clogged tear duct, that some days is fine and others not. She is already wearing size 3 months. Ben must have been a trendsetter for his little sister. She is a chunk but beautiful at the same time.
She is a snuggler, and I love it. Ben wasn't as much a snuggler, but liked to be held. She doesn't like to hang out too long by herself. Even in the swing. She has been sleeping in her crib since she was a little over a week old, and uses the bassinet for naps in the living room. Breast feeding is going especially well with her and I am thinking I may continue when I go back to work. I go back and forth.
I think I am much more lax with trying to find a schedule with her because once I think I might have one it changes, and I just don't stress!

Couldn't really decide which one I liked more so here are both favorites from our photo session! ONE MONTH OLD!



Okay, Benjamin! I can still call him a doll too. If he wasn't so darn cute, he would probably get in more trouble. He loves to say "no" and "I don't wanna..... take a bath, eat my food, change my diaper, clean up my toys, get out of bed, go back to sleep, take a bath....." You name it. Haha, But he also loves to play games with us like, "uh-uhhhhhhh" and smiles in the cheesiest way and runs to do what you asked. When Jonna cries, he has it under control, and if you step in with trying to help he can get pretty upset. He is an expert at "trying" to give her a pacifier. He is the first to let us know she is crying. And runs to her rescue, or lets us know to get to her side quickly! If we are doing something with him, we play this game. Example, giving him a bath, dressing him, or changing him, Jonna begins to cry. I act really surprised and say, "OH hurry, Jonna is crying!" You would be so surprised how quickly helps you get him ready. Still working on him dressing by himself, but when you have done it for so long for him, Mom and Dad need the training too, I think!
Potty training: Oh my! I have tried, full effort....probably not. We have had some good experiences but overall, Mom probalby failed first because she can't keep up with it, after within two hours we change his shorts three times! Grrrrrr. I will attempt again when Jake is home, so that may go better.
He loves to ride bikes, help us cook(specialty is chocolate chip cookies), and push a chair up to the counter when Jake or I are doing anything in the kitchen.
He has cut his two bottom eye teeth and working on his top two. Jeez, he still has to cut his 2 year molars.

Preparing the pasta salad, tasting to make sure it is just perfect!

This is a look of very extreme concentration!
He likes to wake up at night, always once, maybe twice. Sometimes, I worry he is having a bad dream, because he keeps his eyes closed and starts screaming no or hitting me. I feel so bad for him. Most times it is easy to calm him down and put him back to sleep, unless, it is only I that can help him, and I happen to be feeding Jonna. This can get pretty hard. My example was last Friday night, where I am pretty sure at a couple points in the night. Jonna, Ben and I were all sitting in my bed crying. Man, not good. Amazing how hard it is to have lack of sleep. I don't remember how we did it prior. Going back to work is going to be tough, but it will work out.

Ok, the 29 year olds! Jake and I. We have become quite the pair. He is wonderful, and I can't go on enough. Talk about a supportive husband. After a very long Friday night, I was supposed to drive the kids to Kansas City to have Aunt Anna watch them and go out for a girls night for a few hours with some friends. I cancelled it after that long night, and he came home the next morning, put me to bed, and when I woke up offered to drive us all up there so I could get a night out for myself! It was great. Anna watched the kids, and Tasha gave us a ride home. Talk about some very fantastic sisters! I love them so much too!

This experience with two little ones at home have allowed us to learn to work together so much more. If I am not taking care of one child he is and vice versa. Good thing there are two of us! I worry we are going to lose precious time we get together, but we will make room for that! At times, we both just kind of collapse into each other arms, and sigh, and breathe! Then back to it!

So, also, we are getting old. Haha. Gonna be thirty next year. We are in awe when we think about where we have come together in five years. Would we change it for a moment? Never! Life is good. What could we ask for more? Us and our two stinkin cute, adorable children. We could use a raise! Did I mention daycare for two is gonna kick our patooties, but that is okay, it will work out!



So, 2009 has so far shown to be another pretty awesome year, and we are just a little halfway through it! Man, what excitement to come!!

All is well in Holee Land!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love ALL of it! You really are so insightful!
Deborah