This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, August 21, 2009

A NEW ME!

It is absolutely amazing being able to see. I never really realized how bad my eyes were until last week when I went to have a full eye exam for the first time in my life! I had to wait till after the pregnancy because of the hormones in my body that affect my eyes. Well, no better time than the present. I wasn't able to see while driving at night. I was always squinting to focus on objects far away from me. Just an example would be road signs, and that could be during the day. Or words on the TV, or like the hym numbers in the front of church. So frustrating. This has been going on for a while. My eye exam results were near sighted, and lazy focusing.

And props to America's Best, recommended by my sister who lives in KC. I got two pairs of eyeglasses and one pair of sunglasses with warranties for under $200. That is awesome! I was thinking I was going to be spending up to $400 or more.

Yesterday, was my first day with my glasses. Wow, I mean it was like I was looking at a whole new world. Yes, this sounds cheesy, but I found myself, just taking double looks at things thinking how clear they were to my eyes. Then I kept looking at something with and without my glasses on. CRAZY! I can't believe I have been walking around this long with that blurry of vision!
On my evening bike ride last night. I was laughing to myself, because I kept admiring how beautiful the houses I was flying by were. Haha. too funny. So here is the new me in my NEW glasses!




After looking at the pictures on this post, I kept asking, are my glasses crooked?! NO! That is what I get for taking pictures of myself! HAHA, had a little tilt to my head with one arm raised!

4 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

Very cute!! Isn't it amazing what you were missing out on before you had them? I still remember that, except I was in the third grade, lol

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I had no idea you were having problems with your eyes! Your glasses look great!

Natalie "The Pampered Mom" said...

I'm also a mom in JC, and I just had my second baby on June 25th. Congrats, she is really pretty. I have boys... boys boys boys!