This morning, I started daydreaming about the memories of when Jake and I first met. Well, the first time we met, was kind of informal, but the first time we went out and first got to know one another was a random get together with my best friend and some of her old friends. We went to a "comedy show" and went out afterwards. It ended up to be a very short and sweet night. The group that met us, were heading backt to Springfield that night, and I really thought, Well, darn it. I probably won't be talking to this guy again. It figures!! Three days later, he emailed me. Two days after that he called me. And well the rest is history. We have been married over four years, with a pretty darn cute little boy, and a pretty little girl on the way. We are both working at places we like, and all is well.
The reason I reminisce about these things (Sorry Jake, you need to be embarrassed sometimes) is in those first couple years of us being together, and especially the first several months, Jake was the biggest romantic I had ever come across. Each day I said, WOW, i have met the man of my dreams, FINALLY!! Whether it be flowers, chocolate, surprise visits, surprise gifts, wonderful emails that melted my heart, or whatever it may be. He was incredible. I always like to think about those times, and our time we spent together because it makes me feel that butterfly effect and excitement in my stomach even to this day. All of you that who have fell in love know what I am talking about. Those memories make me all fuzzy and happy inside.
Now marriage. As time passes, a lot of that romantic stuff fades, but there is another type of romance that devolops. The caretaker love, I like to call it. Jake is kind of like a rock I rely on quite a bit. Whether it be the honey-dos I have him do around the house, his laid back attitude that makes me calm down when I probalby should calm down, or him telling me to "GO take a nap" Just little things here and there, that really make me realize I CAN't live without him. I finished another of my "love n "drama" books today, and their was a one liner, that I have to quote, "you are the only one that my heart is worth breaking over." Boy, if that isn't the truth. I used to say, I can't wait to see us grow old together, and be a grandma and grandpa playing with our grandkids. Now, I can actually picture it. This kind of sounds weird, but people say I look a ton like my mom and Jake looks a ton like his Dad, so I kind of picture a "My" version of my Mom and His Dad living happily ever after.
Well, I didn't really mean to go off on that tangent. My main point was just mainly that life is good, and I think it is always important to make note of that and be thankful for it. God really takes care of me and my family. I don't want to ever take that for granted.
Few pictures of a visit to Jake's work today: Ben loves going there and a soon as we pull in he starts kicking his feet and saying "TRUCK" "DAD"
2 comments:
Jake really used to do all those things? Wow, that is impressive. Those are adorable pictures, Ben is growing up so fast!
Yes, he did. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that too! Ha! Sometimes, I feel really blessed though knowing that I have gotten to know a side of Jake that maybe no one else has. As probably he has in me. Marriage never ceases to amaze me.
Post a Comment