This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, June 1, 2009

A little piece of Heaven

Fresh cut tomatoes from the garden with salt and pepper sprinkled on them. My love for tomatoes prepared like this I think I inherited from my Dad. Can't get much better than that. The ones you buy at a supermarket don't even compare!

We planted six tomato plants this year, but they will hopefully yeild fruit sometime in July. So until then I found this little Market close to our church, and they will be getting my business weekly! (typing this in between bites of my sweet and just a little salty fresh tomato).

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Mmmm... that sounds SO good!!

Crystal Ann said...

mmmm, I agree!! Have you ever tried them with cottage cheese on top? That's yummy too.

Megan Kensinger said...

I love fresh tomatoes!!!

Lori O said...

I, too, love tomatoes! Especially the homegrown ones. They are by far my fave veggie - er, fruit. Whatever they are!