To me too!! Four years ago today, about this time. Jake and I were walking down the aisle as a MR. and MRS!! Our single days were over, and the journey began. Who would have ever thought four years down the road we would be where we are. Both have jobs we love, have one little boy that we love so much we want to explode, and a baby on the way.Got a house, dog, two cars, one paid for, a big yard, and Ben has a bicycle and wagon. Those are the necessities aren't they?! haha.
But besides all those things, it is great to reflect on where Jake and I started to where we are today. I mean at that time, I was getting ready to graduate, he was working in cell phone sales hoping to get on the fire department, and we were living in a two bedroom apartment above a garage, down a gravel road, with two car payments. HAHA! I would say we have come pretty far in four years, even though somedays it feels like we have been married FOREVER!! Just kidding Jake.
My point is we have been so so so very blessed and I really cannot thank God enough for how he has taken care of us. There is a lot of pain and hurt in the world. It reminds me of how thankful I should be of our lives. God is good!
Jake is working today, so I won't see him till tomorrow, but we have already kind of celebrated. He surprised me with an AWESOME, HOT purse I had been eyeing. And I surprised him today by dropping by his work on lunch and putting an electric smoker in his trunk(because I couldn't get in the station) They were busy. I called him and told him to check it out. He has been talking about getting one of these for at least two years now if not longer. We even borrowed one, one time for my Mom and Dad's birthday celebration last year. So, hopefully we will put it to some good use in the next couple weeks!! I have to be honest, I am benefiting from this too. Have you ever had homemade smoked turkey, pork, chicken, or beef. My mouth waters thinking about it!!!
So we have made it four years, and we are going for five!!
2 comments:
Congratulations! Sounds like good gifts!
Happy Anniversary guys!! Many more happy ones to come :)
Post a Comment