This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, March 2, 2009

Rollar Skating MANIA!

I think one thing I love about having children is you are always going to have "firsts" and sometimes they are literally the most exciting, fun times of having a child.

This past weekend we headed to KC to go to a rollar skating birthday party for Elle, Ben's cousin. As we were carpooling our way up with Grandma and Papa K, I was questioning how well Ben would actually do with this whole rollarskating thing, and well the fact that I am almost five months pregnant helping him "try" to rollar skate maybe difficult. Needless to say it was an absolute blast. I still have great balance on the skates, thanks to the old grade school days, when rollar skating was the cool thing to do, and Ben took to it like a champ!! I couldn't get his skates on quick enough. Off we went to the rink! His foot was to small for the boot skates, but the strap on skates to his boots worked great! The first few times around the rink, he held my hand and just grinned from ear to ear watching all the other children and adults pass him by. He would get real excited and let go of my hand (which worried me at first, but I let him go) and he would just go off. I could tell when he would try so hard to pick up his speed, and then he would end up on his booty, By the end of the session he was mastering catching himself when he knew he was losing balance. It was pretty impressive.

They played great music while we went round and round and Ben would throw in a few dance moves here and there. He thought he was sooooo big!

My favorite part had to be the playing limbo. Ben and I did AWESOME. We would go right up to the limbo bar together. Mama would squat, and Ben caught on quickly as he squatted beside me. The first time, I don't realy think he needed to lower himself at all, but he did anyways. So, after making it through three rounds of limbo, we came up to the stick, and I noticed, Hmmmmmmm, Mama isn't going to pull this one off, but I knew Ben would. So, I went up with him and let him go. I tried to walk around only to turn and see Ben try to grab the limbo bar and move it out of his way to go through. It was hilarious!

We had such a good time! Papa was already talking about taking him Ice skating next week. Hmmmm, not so sure about that one.



And I have to put a video on here, it was hard to take, because as you can see, I had to keep moving while filming also! And if he did fall, I tried to be quick to help him up, because the last thing I wanted was someone running him over! Notice the hand shaking with the beat towards the end.


Keeps on going!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the cutest kid ever...and growing so fast! You look like you are doing pretty great yourself, Mia. Glad everything is going so well.

Becca said...

That is awesome! Way to go Ben! I can just see him busting out the dance moves in the middle of the rink!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! What a big boy.