Ben loves his tooth brush, he sees me pull mine out day or night, and wants his NOW! I still have to help with getting those still only FOUR teeth in his mouth, but beside that he kind of pushes it around like he is supposed too. The doctor mentioned that a child doesn't have the ablility t0 correctly brush their teeth till like five years old. WOW! So for now, we will keep on brushing.
And I have to comment that I LOVE Ben's smile. He is the cutest boy I have ever seen. Of course he is my son, and I am biased, but I just love his smile, dimple, laugh, actions, jibberish, slobber, snot, bleach blonde hair, waddle, dance moves, and just absolutely everything about him. Just thinking of him makes me want to explode with love! You Moms know what I mean! So, I bought him his first baseball glove and ball. No, it doesn't fit, but I HAD to. I can't wait to play catch with him! Seriously, having a kid is an excuse for me to act like one, and as the days go by, I have more and more fun reliving my childhood.
And my next point.......one of my weird quirks.
So, I love vitamins. The vitamin frenzy originates from seven years that I worked in a chiropractic office that constantly stressed nutrition and health. I worked there from the age of 18 to 25. Wow, that is a very long time, I know. In those seven years, I learned a lot. Not only about the health of the spine, but supplements too. They brought me to numerous seminars all over the states. Being that I never traveled all the way through high school, this was awesome that they were taking me places and paying me for it. I went to Miami, and Orlando, Las Vegas, Dallas, and my all time favorite was Paradise Island, Bahamas. Wow, talk about fancy for a 19 year old. Dressing in business attire going from meeting to meeting inroducing myself to all these doctors. I remember being quite intimidated, but constantly trying to act as grown up and professional as possible. These were also part of my wild days too, so being that I did have some fun while gone with work. Especially in the Bahamas, where the drinking age was 18. hehe. Wheewww!
Now, Vegas was pretty fun too. That was one of my last trips, and being that I was 21 when I went made it a lot more fun, and Well, Expensive! Ha! Marilyn, another Chiro assistant, and I were there with our office manager and Dr. We decided to venture out one night, see the town, and do some gambling. Ha. We stayed at the Hilton, had a cab driver talk us into gambling at the Rio. We lost all our money, so we didn't have cash for a cabride back, and walked(seemed like miles) coming in through the alley behind the strip. At 3am, a trash man let us in the back door behind Ceasar's Palace. We stopped at Circus Circus for a $3.00 hot dog and then trekked the rest of the way back home. The office Manager who also became a second mother to me all those years, was worried sick. I don't blame her. Wasn't really the smartest thing to do knowing that Vegas has one of the highest crime rates in the U.S.
Oh memories! Back to my reason for writing.Vitamins, and not just any vitamins. WHOLE food vitamins. It is becoming more common, but the fact is that these vitamins verses synthetic vitamins are 100 times better for the person. I could talk hours about that, but the main reason is that the body is made to digest and absorb food, and can't digest and absorb synthetic vitamins near as well as whole food. Not to completely dog on Synthetic, because the fact is it is better to take something verses nothing. And God Knows we don't get the recommened daily value of vitamins and minerals from our diet. Soooooo, this leads to my trip to the Health Food Store yesterday.
I could literally stay and look in a store like that for an hour or more. Comparing labels, brands, mg to mg, whole vs. synthetic, and well of course cost. Whole foods are much more expensive but you have to realize you are buying quality verses quantity.
Then the foods. Believe it or not, there are some really fantastic foods in Health food stores. Yes, they are more expensive but they are pretty much all organic. And we all know what that means. Healthier. So, anyways, I can never walk out spending less than $25.00 and yesterday spent $38. But the satisfaction I get from taking the vitamins is worth it. I honestly feel like I am adding one more healthy hour or day to my life ahead. And hey guys, I will have grandkids one of these days. I want to be able to play catch with them too!
1 comment:
So Maria, I just did a 'tag' on my post about 8 things, and at the end you are supposed to 'tag' 8 other people. While I was doing this, I momentarily forgot that you have a blog now, so I didn't put you on the list. BUT I would LOVE for you to do it because I am sure you have interesting answers!!
Post a Comment