
So, since we are already past Christmas and in a New Year, and I know I can't write a blog post for each event in our lives. Here is a time-line of events to follow:
Decebmer 23, 2011: Kusick Siblings and grandchildren in town. Chaos times 10 grandkids at Gma Kusicks. But Super fun.

December 24, 2011: First picture of all 10 Grandkids together.

Youngest of the crew:Jayda from Colorado

December 24, 2011: 10:30am My first Crossfit class at gym that just opened in Jefferson City this past November. Amazing workout at Crossfit Unstoppable. My sister Natasha came with. I left my eyeglasses there.
December 24, 2011: 2pm
Gave Mom her present from all of us kids. Most beautiful thing these eyes have seen.

Mom's pure suprise and awe. We bought a diamond for her wedding band that she lost over 30 years ago. Jason was a toddler at the time, and he promised her that day, he would buy her another diamond some day.

Only took 30 plus years, but it seems the wait was worth it to see Mom's reaction. Dad had to crack a joke to keep from crying.

He says, "what, that diamond isn't real?!"
December 24, 2011 4pm: Legs are shaky from workout, but no soreness yet. My kids are still cute

5:30pm: Went to Christmas Mass. Santa came after mass. CHAOS. Imagine. 10 grandchildren and 25 adults tearing through presents under the tree. Beautiful.
December 25, 2011: My body hurts in places I never thought. Going up and down steps was horrendous.
December 25, 2011: Baked some quiches, headed to HOLEE FAMILY CHRISTMAS. First time since before the kids were born.

December 25, 2011: An amazing morning.

1pm: Headed to Church with Grandma and Grandpa Holee. Great Grandpa Don. Gma Holee's brother (uncle) and the kids. Beautiful violin playing and kids singing. Enough to make you cry.
2pm: Family Nap time. YAY!
End of December 25, 2011: Another wonderful Christmas.
December 26, 2011:
10:00am:I groan as I take steps. My hips, calves, butt, shoulders are the sorest they have been since I worked out at Lori's gym with her husband. Oh my! But I am pretty stoked because....
10:30am: stopped by the Crossfit gym to pick up my eyeglasses I left there, AND to drop off a check for my first six session sign up! Boooooo-Yah!
2pm:Taylor's Bday party! Rockin good time! Jake is back to work, but mind you, this is the first year since kids, that Jake has been off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

From December 27-December 31st: Doctor visits, and more doctor visits. RX copays. Sleepless nights. Coughs. Fevers.
January 1, 2011: Ok, here goes. Another ER visit for Jonna. She poured a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup down her chest and stomach. It was horrible. Second degree blistered burn. IV. Ambulance ride from Children's Hospital to Burn unit at University Hospital. Sedation, debreding her burn. Feelings displayed here as parent...to sum up. "I am a failure as a parent". Ok, yes, accidents happen but why always with my kids. WTH am I doing wrong?

ON a positive note: She is healing well. Shouldn't scar, and it could have been a lot worse.
January 2, 2012: Invigorating Cross fit work out! So excited to keep going!
January 3, 2012: Back to work. Both kids on mend. Jake is sick now. More doctor visits and copay. BUT WE ARE on up and up. I am determined 2012 is going to be a year of health and adventure!
January 4, 2012: Jonna's check up on her bandage and burn. She should be out of bandage next week!

CHEESE!
3 comments:
Oh Maria, yet again, you and I are thrust together through our life experiences. As you know, I too have had to take my little one to the ER because he was burned badly on his face. I felt like the worst mother in the world! I wondered how I could have let something like that happen without my amazing "Mommy Radar" going off. The truth is, things happen. If we could keep our babies safe all the time, we would. I am guessing this hurt you just as bad if not worse than it hurt her. Hang in there! You are an amazing mom and a wonderful person!!
1) The photo of all the grandkids together is priceless! What an awesome memory to keep for everyone! 2) The gift for your mother - even more priceless! You kids are awesome that is such a great idea. I was all teary-eyed. 3) I had no idea about jonna's ER trip! So sorry you had to go through yet another experience like that.
Jenni, thanks it always helps to be able to relate to other parents, that have experienced the same thing. Man, it sucked didn't it! All the what-if's. But thankful she will be fine. Lori, I am pretty humiliated again for another er visit with my kids. I didn't want to announce on fb. I have pretty much felt horrible about, it but thankful at the same time it wasn't worse. And the ring for my Mom, was probably one of the most memorable Christmas experiences I will ever have.
Post a Comment