This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Empowered

There have been moments in my life that I have felt empowered. Call it overwhelmed with joy at my strengths and accomplishments. Some of these moments are when I gave birth to my two children and becoming a mother.

I have firm belief that all people are capable of more. To give more and have the ability to be the best that they can be any given day. We make choices. They can be positive or even lean to the negative. But remember the feeling you get when you have made a positive choice and succeeded in something great because of your hard work. I call that empowered.

One moment in particular was when durning the softball game last summer, I was that girl. Truly, I wanted to feel that awesome every day. So, why couldn't I be.

There are different perspectives on what beautiful is. I believe to be the most beautiful is on the inside. When you give to others and in turn feel better about yourself, I think that makes a person beautiful.

Day in and day out, it's not truly you against the world. It's you against you. You make it what you want. If you want to sit on a pity pot and feel sorry for yourself, that's great, but I don't really want to be around you. I want to hang out with those that are happy to be alive and better themselves.

This has been a journey for me that has gone quickly espcially in the last 4 weeks. I started off a year ago, knowing I wanted more out of my life. I wanted health and happiness. God has blessed my family over and over. So what can I do to make myself a better person? My brother is a personal trainer in Kansas City Missouri. He and I share a lot of interests in being healthy and supplements. I could talk all day about supplements that people should take. And when I hear of ailments, I want to find a natural cure. He is an inspiration to me as a brother, father, husband, and coach. I inquired with him about becoming a trainer about a year ago. It led to a lot of hope, but the timing wasn't right. Jake had just started Paramedic school, working two part time jobs, and still his full time job at the Fire Department. Jonna was still only one. I didn't have the time to try to advertise or attempt to get clientel. So, instead I decided to continue to do what I love and expect more of myself.

And I have mentioned before my friend in Kansas City. Her husband is the owner of Sky's Limit Crossfit . I followed Crossfit, more and more. I read Lori's blog, and it inspired me to be my own kind of Beautiful. I followed their WOD's and did my best to conquer them at the Y.

Many of you may know, I have a hip handicap. Diagnosed since I was 12. In this amount time since then...19 1/2 years to be exact. I have learned what I can and can't do with my hip. In some cases, I protect it because it's better to have two working hips than one. That and I am putting off what the doctors said was inevitable-hip replacement. I refuse to think that this controls me. So, I have gone outside the 'box' to see what I am capable of. In the last several years, I have been pro-active. I take supplements, Calcium, Magnesium, MSM, and D3. Along with multivitamins. Since working out and lifting more weights I started taking again Glucosamine Chondroitin to build the cartilege around the decaying femur head.

I worked in a Chiropractic office for 7 years. In that time, I learned so much about the capacity and worth of taking supplements, and what certain ones can do for your body. How did God know I was going to need that?! I study up on them, and since I am very pro-natural/whole food source I try out a lot of them. I have yet to be discouraged. Amazing what is possible with guidance from God.

Push yourself. What I have learned in Crossfit, I can apply to my entire life. As a mother, a wife, a daughter, an employee, or just as a friend.

Call me crazy but being involved with Coarch R. and Crossfit, I have become empowered. Phrase from Coach R. -*The more I put into my workouts, the more I will get out of them.* But think of this, the more I put into my life, the more I will get out of it.

So, when I went for 195 PR on deadlift last night and acutally got it, I was enthralled, amazed, couldn't believe it and wanted to pinch myself. And when I went for 200 and couldn't get it, I felt it in my hip. Broke form and dropped the bar.For those that saw the picture on FB, kind of scary. huh?! First time I saw it, my heart leaped! A lot of people may say, that is crazy. She is nuts. Why would a girl want to do that?! Well, if you haven't realized it from following previous blogs, overall fitness and health is one of my hobbies/loves, and they spankin made a sport out of it, called Crossfit!

But, instead of asking why I am so excited/crazy to want to do this stuff. Ask yourself, what do you love? And how can you challenge yourself to become a better person doing it?!

That is what I am doing, and couldn't be happier. To feel success every day is no less than awesome. Go for it! I am. In about two months I will be Crossfit Certified to train. Thanks for the support, Jake!

All is well in Holee Realm!

No comments: