Dear Jake,
To my husband, my children’s father, my wanna be boyfriend. One of the most hardworking, dedicated men I know. You make me smile when you tell me your dreams. Knowing that you still plan on spending your long time future with me after all the crap I put you through.
Thanks for putting up with my temper tantrums, mood swings, and crazy ideas. I am beginning to think you are rubbing off on me with crazy ideas though.
Thanks for taking care of the cars, and folding all the laundry that you do. Thanks for waking up with the kids when you know I have been spent. Thanks for bringing me breakfast the other morning at Mom’s when I was sick and just couldn’t take it anymore. Thanks for rubbing my back and telling me things are going to be okay when I feel at a loss.
Thanks for being trained in emergency situations, and calming me down. ….especially when the kids hurt themselves.
Thanks for always wanting more. That is what I admire about you. Your dreams etch far longer than mine.
I wish we had no stresses, and always got along. I wish we never yelled at each other, and things were more perfect at home. I wish we had a clean house all the time, someone stocked our groceries, and made all of our meals. That would be one less thing I could get frustrated about and take it out on you. ….But then that wouldn’t be any fun. Plus I know you like to cook and you could probably fool anyone that you like to vacuum and fold all that laundry.
I wish I could always look past myself and appreciate you more. I wish I never took you for granted, and hope that in the future I never take for granted what we have been over abundantly blessed with in our lives.
You are my life, and wouldn’t trade you in for anyone. Even if it were, Damon, off of “Vampire Diaries.”
One day I will look at you and fly co-pilot in the plane that you have talked about buying for the years since I have known you.
Thanks for cuddling with our kids, and helping them learn to respect their Mom.
Happy 32nd Birthday Jake! I love you. Thanks for being you.
No comments:
Post a Comment