It is so hard to find balance in my life. True Balance is ideal. Of work, kids, exercise, husband, and fun. I can only say one thing. This is a daily reproach to finding balance. I need time for myself, so that I can enjoy my kids to the fullest. I can't imagine being with them 24 hours a day, and being a good Mom. Bless the mothers that can. But not me. I need a break. It may be a workout. It may be an hour of vegging out in front of the tv after the kids go down, and before I wander to slumberland.
If I get that.I am a better Mom. I sware to you. My kids enjoy me more, and well I enjoy them more. I crave the weekends. When I know the schedule slows down, and I can plan activities with the kids. Not rush to get out of bed, get both kids to school and daycare and still arrive to work at 730 on time. Weekends...this is sleeeping in and making a huge breakfast of eggs and bacon and Jake's favorite is Mickey Mouse Pancakes for the kids. FAMILY NAP time! Need I say more. We always have something going on that is fun.
I have learned that when Ben really enjoys something I am doing with him or taking him somewhere, he stops to say, Mom....Mom...listen.. I love you! I mean that melts me. That is his way of saying Thanks for being AWESOME MOM! I love it.
Ok, and sometimes I don't have that balance. Patience is on this short stick, where I start yelling and then stop, thinking I should slap myself for losing it. Whining from the kids. OH man, that gets to me. Jonna is a pro. It often can make me snap. And not pretty. Little girls have some drama!! I think God has another son in my future. Although, the tenderness from sweet Baby Jonna and that hug she gives me when she thinks I have a sad face....Well, i can't live without.
Two nights ago, I had a perfect blog post of "true balance" all written up there between my ears. About finding it, and sharing it. Today, I still strive for it. It's a friday, and I am Stoked about walking out these doors at 430pm and starting my weekend. I have put in a good 9 hours. Worked out, ran some errands, and it's time to celebrate with my kids. Well, it starts with a parent teacher conference with Ben, but following that, I am taking my butterfly and cowboy to enjoy time with Grandma Deena, Trunk or treat, and eat some really good chili and soup!
Then sleepy time with both kids and a favorite saturday morn, we will wake to Jake getting home from work!
Sunday, Coach Kusick work out!
1 comment:
True balance: what's that?!! LOL
Post a Comment