This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A gold standard

Throughout the years, I have grown, mentally and emotionally as a mother and a wife. But I have also grown physically. I have a long way to go. But there are a few things that just make me downright giddy.

Vitamins/Supplements/Natural Remedies
Put me in a health food store, and it's like putting a kid in a candy store. A new one opened up close to our house, and I am in love! I could spend hours searching and reading about supplements and remedies. That is why I love Iherb.com so much because I can also read other reviews and its a one stop shop! I was joking with Jake the other night saying, one day when we are rich I will go shopping in one of the health food stores and buy whatever my little heart desires...............Better yet, we should just buy one.

Has anyone heard of using silver? As an antiviral, antibacterial supplement. Go ahead try it. We have used it for our two kids in just the last two weeks and I seriously feel it has kept us from filling yet another antibiotic. You should have seen what it has done for healing my daughters five stitched scar she had two weeks ago. Jake's family has used it for years. Gosh! What took me so long?!

How amazing is it to find supplements that are solutions vs. using drugs that only treat symptoms. And vitamins make you healthy. My Gold Standard: I live for quality and longevity. I do it for my family. I want to be 70 playing soccer with my grandkids.

I want to do this:

In perfect form with that much weight. Why does this excite me, because it is something that you won't likely see too much from a woman and well, i think it just looks downright amazing.

Reading other's adventures: is exciting. I came accross this blog from reading another friends blog in her strive for health. As many people know, we hope to have another child sometime down the road. My kids excite me. Having another child that is half me/half Jake excites me. Currently, I feel I am stronger than ever, and I have worried that a future pregnancy is going to put me back to where I was a year ago. But reading about her experience as a pregnant Mother, doing lifts at 22 weeks pregnant, is just simply amazing. I worked out during both previous pregnancies, but it was simple. Eliptical and arms. Hardly anything else. So, i may be able to do more than I thought when the time comes. As long as my body tells me when to stop. I stop.

Tazo Zen Tea excites me. I drink this and seriously think about all the little antioxidants swimming around in my blood keeping me healthy from long term diseases. Weird? I think not.

Someone is looking out for me ^! Life is good. There is so much in life that is exciting. Now some days, my hormones will tell you that everything sucks, but really all is grand in the Holee Realm.

Ask my kids....Halloween excites them at this current moment. We have two trunk or treats, two parties, and the finale of trick or treatin in our neighborhood. Sugar highs here we come!

1 comment:

Lori O said...

I love the Olympic lifts! Hopefully you got some work with Coach Kusick this weekend to practice!