There has beeen some sickness of all sorts traveling through our household in the last week, but I am hoping we are on the up and up! The fall days are beautiful. Ben and Jonna play outside to their hearts content. Last weekend, I seriously watched them play in a pile of dirt for over an hour by themselves. Amazing.
Jonna has her temper tantrums and is quite trying. BOY, is she trying. She is cutting her two year molars and believes she is the boss of everyone and anything. Not much has changed. LOL. Jake and I have found we have to be consistant. Sometimes it is hard, and I feel like I am a horrible mother. But I can't let my child run over me right?
She is beautiful. She is size 2t and 7.5 shoe. I am biased, but my daughter has been blessed with some wonderful features. Her little chin with a pixy face structure. Long eyelashes and the bluest eyes (Thanks Papa Kusick). Her hair is getting very long, and almost full ponytail worthy. She likes to talk on the phone, and her favorite person's she asks to call constantly are Aunt "tatha" and Uncle "Nohnny". She is a mother's hen, that likes to take care of everyone, and is very concerned when she sees someone has an "owie" or are sick. She has a million faces. Most of them just make me laugh. Watch out world. You are going to have your hands full.
Benjamin is also growing like a weed. He wears 5t shirts and pants. Wears a 12.5 shoe. There is just something about a little boy in cargo shorts and rain boots that make you smile. He wants to know what makes the sky orange, leaves yellow, and the moon smile. He wants to be a super hero like Aunt Katie's boyfriend, Brandon who is just finishing up with training in the National Guard. He is very concerned with protecting Jonna and I from bad guys, and reminds us constantly that he will "take them down". He practices with Mugsy.
He tells me he wants a big sister, so we called Aunt Katie and asked if she would be his big sister. She said yes. Ben looks up most to one person. He asks me all the time, when he can be like him. His Dad. Two close runner ups, are Papa Doug and Papa Kusick. Papa Doug flies an airplane and Papa Kusick drives tractors. Really, what is cooler than that?
When these two kids smile their smiles. I melt. I catch my breath and wonder how I could have been so blessed with these two beautiful children. What have I done to be so worthy. Being a Mom is hard, but its rewards are outstanding. Quoting the words of a mother, "Being a mother is like transforming into someone you thought you could never be. It's exhilerating and terrifying at the same time."
No comments:
Post a Comment