This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, August 15, 2011

Heaven is For Real

The world is whizzing by and so much to talk about and not enough time.

I read a book a few weeks ago called Heaven is for REAL. It is an easy read, uplifiting enlightening book.

The story is told from the perspective of a Father to a four year old boy who went to heaven and came back. It talks of the child having appendicitis, and the doctors not diagnosing it. He goes in for exploratory to find the appendix ruptured. By this time his body is toxic, he develops another infection and spends several days in the hospital to recover from his near death experience. In his surgery, he gets to go to heaven and sit on Jesus' lap :).

There were so many things that I found intriguing in this story.

The literal story reminds me of a little part of my life in the summer that I turned 12 heading into eighth grade. I had spent three days in very serious stomach pain. At first the doctors just said I had a flu virus, and that was it. On the fourth or fifth day, my Mom took me to the ER and said, it's not the flu, I know my daughter. The doctors said, ok, we will take blood tests. I wasn't hurting where the appendix was. The doctor said my white blood cell count was way too high for appendicitis, and if I was having appendicitis this child (me) would be screaming and crying in pain, where as she just lyes there not making a peep curled in a ball on the examiner table.

My Mom said, we aren't leaving till you do something. Ok, they said exploratory surgery through the belly button. Took me in and found my appendix was hiding and had ruptured. My body was toxic. They removed it and left a tube in my belly button to drain the puss and infection from my body. Gross, ya. Went home after a day and half or so. Mother's intuition saved my life. Three days later, doubled over in pain again. Back to ER. Stomach infection because the toxins from the rupture were still in my body. Surgery again, tube again. A week later I was home. Read the story. Mine wasn't near as touch n go as this little four year old, but I did think it was quite odd, that this little child and I had a very similar experience that you don't hear of too often. Now, also I didn't get to take a sweet vacation to heaven either!

Also, the mother of Colton had a miscarriage, and he meets his sister in heaven. Coming from a mother that has experienced a miscarriage, you have no idea how it excites me to know that I am going to get to meet the baby I miscarried two years and three months ago. And to know they are up there and waiting for us. A miscarriage leaves a little void in your life, that I don't know I can ever humanly understand. But you know it was God's plan. Reading the book gave me a sort of understanding and closure that I can't fully explain.

The story is wonderful. It's written from the father's Christian perspective, and I think it wouldn't hurt for everyone to read it. The descriptive tales the child tells so matter of factly is enlightening and even a little enticing. It is also told from a little boy who at that time is about the same age as our son Benjamin now.

It was a great reminder of what is after our world and what we really have to look forward to. And it also, makes me want to live every day to the fullest while in this little advenuture called life. Makes me want to be a better person, mother, wife, daughter, sister, and not take anything for granted. The everwonderful phrase of "Pay it forward". Kiss and hug on kids just a few more seconds. Cuddle and hug Jake a little more, and let my family know just how wonderful it is for them to be in my life.

It also stresses to be "child like". God loves the children. I mean look at them. An innoncence that they have that just makes the world smile. So, I am gonna try that out. Be a little more childlike. Believe it or not, it kind of makes life a little less stressful ;)

Life is all well in the Holee Realm.

No comments: