This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, August 8, 2011

Aerobic swimming and time off with the kids


Iron man pose 1.

Races down the drive.


Hmmmm, this was supposed to be Ben's tough guy face.

I just figured we haven't had enough bike ride pictures lately.

Iron Man Pose 2. Do you see the ferociousness in this kids face?


Jonna, a mess, but darn she is cute.


I was able to have four glorious days off with my kids to do what ever the heck we wanted. So, we played outside. We swam! We made brownies. We went shoe shopping. We went for a ride with Grandma Deena to get custard! We skipped bath times. We slept in. Made big breakfasts every morning. We watched cartoons. Went potty on the potty chair! Went to the Pirates Cove swimming place. LOVED IT! We had a picnic. We visited Dad at the fire station. We visited Grandma Kusick. We cuddled. We sprayed each other with the hose, and raced through the sprinkler. Darn thankful to enjoy this time with the kids.

In all of the last four days, I didn't actually work out once at the gym! But that's okay. I made the best of it. You may think I am silly by how I made the best of it. This means doing sets of pushups, just randomly throughout the day. Sit ups. Push jerks. Lunges. Random core exercises.We even had a very intense aerobic swimming class in the kids pool one morning. Picture Ben, Jonna and I in their two foot deep pool. Jumpin jacks, super hero stands and holds. Five second squats. Marching in a circle. Arm circles. Leg kickers. And just some real random moves. LOL! But the kids thought it was a blast! And I broke a good sweat. And it was actually a barefoot work out, so that was cool.

So, hopefully my neighbors didn't see this fiasco, but if they did, maybe it enlightened them to do something fun with their kids. Who knows?!

And while at GMa K's, I decided to test the chin up bar. I did 8 chinups. Not too shabby. Didn't do pull ups. I will have to try those out this weekend. Remember the goal is 10!

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

Sounds awesome Maria! Glad you were able to enjoy time with the kids! It's always nice to have a break and spend it with family! :) Ben's tough guy face looks a little bit more like a pretty darn cute face to me!