This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, June 9, 2011

WOD and Menus for the beautiful

Phrases I am learning. Exercises I am learning. Another exciting day. Like I yearn for that 35 minutes workout at lunch now. I don't dread it or have to talk myself into going. I get really upset if something comes up at work and don't leave for lunch that day!

Still doing my brother's workouts, and adding in some routines in between.

Yesterday I did squat thrusters, and lunges on part of my workout, so I am taking it easy on hip today. I have learned what my hip is capable of and not capable of the hard way.

Workout of the Day (WOD):
5 minute on eliptical warm up.
4 sets
Chindown 100lb cable
Romanian Deadlift 15db
Seated OH 20db
Cable row (?) gonna try for 80lb on cable. will be first time at gym doing on my own.
Lat Pulldown 60lb
20sec rest between sets
-- One bold day, while at the gym, I WILL walk over to the side with all the heavy big muscled lifters, and use that step stool up to the chin up bar and do my sets instead of the chindown on the cable. That day hasn't come yet, but I will let you know when it does.

3 sets
15 db Russian twist*15
Straight leg raise(toes pointed in)*12
20 sec rest between sets


This is what I have found: When you don't have a lift partner you don't have someone to help you keep your form or push you for one more rep. When you are by yourself and do exercises in a gym that is 80% male and doing exercises and lifts that you don't often see a female do, it can also be uncomfortable. Especially when you have that pending anxious thought in the back of your head, is my form still okay?!

So, any lady that would love to join me at the Y around 1pm to do my lifts with me, please feel free. LOL!

One of the easiest ways, I have found to make myself eat healthier with less processed foods is make a menu.
For example: Today, I grabbed cottage cheese, strawberries, and grapes for breakfast. Banana snack. Lunch, spinach, hardboiled eggs, cucumbers, and left over grilled chicken for a salad. Ususally, I plan that morning what will be for dinner. So tonight we are gonna have Turkey meat Spaghetti, spinach salad and biscuits. And I will probably not eat anything past 7. I have just found if I have plan, and I don't let myself go hungry, I don't give in to the cravings of a Reese pb cup candy bar that is sitting in a candy bowl a couple offices down begging me to eat it.

My motivation: being healthy, feeling good, and the pick me up to being my own kind of beautiful.

3 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

You go girl!!

Lori O said...

Love this post! I think that would be so bad a$$ if you did your chin-ups over by the dudes! I know it would be impressive. Well, you already are bad a$$. Keep up the awesome work! Wish we lived near and could work out together!

Maria said...

So, for good measure I did sets of side planks after the straight leg raise. And I only was able to do 70on the bent cable, but man do I feel it today! Mind you, there seemed to be quite a few of those dudes as I walked over to the cable row. Intimidating, but felt good afterwards!
Thanks Crystal!