History: Jonna had a bladder infection two weeks ago, and even had some blood in her urine. Not good. I knew by the symptoms what it was, being a woman that has had them her whole life. I remember peeing in a cup back to five years old at the doctors office. Now Jonna, is only 1 and 1/2. The trip to the doctor was less than pleasant while I held her legs down for the nurse to try to do a catheter on her to get a sample. It was pretty much a nightmare, and it scared the bejeezes out of poor Jonna. Any woman that has had a catheter in her lifetime, knows they aren't a picnic. Well, because of the infection, the doctor wanted a follow up sample to make sure she was all well after doing the 10 day antibiotics. Well, we really didn't want to have to put Jonna through that again, and so this leads to this morning's email from my husband trying really hard to get that sample without having to go through the process of last time.
From Jake at 7:45 am: Title of email: Epic Fail
Epic fail on the urine sample so far. I changed her into one of her little dresses w/ no diaper. I showed her the cup in the kitchen and tried to show her what to do, but to no avail. I went to her room really quick to get her sheets. Of course, there is a puddle of pee on the kitchen floor when I come back. I show her how to use the cup again, contemplate sucking the urine up with a medicine syringe but decide against it. I go to the garage to get a roll of paper towels. I come back and now there’s a little turd next to the puddle. I go to the cabinet to get a grocery bag, and turn around to see Mugsy closing in on the turd. I yell at him and chase him off. I open the door and yell for him to go outside. He’s scared, and doesn’t move. I go after him. He gets more scared and pees on the floor. I throw him out. I clean up Jonnas mess. I go and clean up Mugsys mess, and Jonna is behind me, helping. When I get done, I discover that she has deposited 2 more small puddles, and an additional turd.
How is your morning?
Love you
________________________________
Well so, no luck yet, the next attempt has to do with tape and a ziplock back. Go ahead and draw the picture yourself. Let's hope it goes smoothly.
6 comments:
SUCCESS ON THE ZIPLOCK BAG AND TAPE! And Jonna is all well!
Oh my goodness- that had me laughing so hard!! Glad Jonna is doing well.
LOVE it! Well, not that poor Jonna had to go through all that, but the visual that Jake's email painted made me laugh out loud!! Glad she is doing better.
OMG! I just laughed so loud! so funny! gotta love a daddy so determined!
Deborah
Hahaha- that was funny.
hahaha- that was funny. :)
Post a Comment