This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things I like

A toasted honeywheat bagel with butter and strawberry jam.

A hot cup of coffee wich chocolate caramel creamer.

A big kiss from Benjamin when I drop him off at school.

An opened mouth kiss from Jonna when I drop her off. And her sweet little wave goodbye.

A long Hug from my husband, when he knows my day hasn't gone right.

A long Hug from my husband, when he knows the night was rough with the kids.

A long kiss from my husband, on date night. I need more of these, on both counts. (wink, wink)

Lunch hours at the gym.

A glass of dry red wine, on a rainy dark night, after the kids go to bed, realaxed on the couch, feet on the coffee table.

A pair of dress pants for work that feel like pajama pants.

My red cowboy boots.

My new van.

A hug from my son when I pick him up from school.

A hug from my daughter when I pick her up from daycare.

A pat on the back from a fellow co-worker, just to tell me I am doing an awesome job.

Some of these are material. Some are just plain simple. But the simple things kind of make my day go ten times better when you just aren't feeling top notch.

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

cute post!I totally feel ya!