Last night, was by far the worse experience with Benjamin in the grocery store. It started while carrying him screaming because I didn't let him close the car door. Nice. Mr. Independant. Thinking I could make it a quick run. He proceeds to throw him self on the floor in the store kicking and throwing arms around like he was seizing, and the world was ending. I tried to ignore. Whew. My heart is in my chest. I wanna scream and beat my child. He proceeds to run after me screaming, hitting. I carry him out to the car. Note: the new carseat where he can buckle and unbuckle himself does not work well in this situation. I try to wait it out. He is still screaming, and proceeded to throw his shoe at the windshield. AWESOME! Five minutes of this. And I am trying to get him in the seat. I am sure by this time people are watching us inside the van, ready to turn me in for child abuse. I tell him the police are going to come and get him if he doesn't sit in his seat and buckle his belt. Ok. That works. We drive home. Jake goes to store for me, after spankins and lectures to Ben. He falls asleep in his bed two minutes after Jake leaves. It is 6pm. Nice. That was fun.
Then, just when I think I am a horrible mother again. We say our prayers at bedtime. Ben is now liking to pray for things hethinks is important, or say the prayer vs. me.
Ben: For Jonna, and Daddy, and Mommy. And Me! For Papa Doug, Papa Ooo-sick, Grandmpa Deena, Gramma Oooosick. For Mugsy. And all born babies (we always pray for unborn babies, and newborn babies) For motorcycles, and trucks. GREEEEE-eeeeen Motorcycles......and and, so, Jonna sleeps good and healthy. For our new van, and Mugsy.
Mom: For all those suffering with Cancer, and their families.
Ben: For sick and healthy.For Mrs. Wankum, and Ms. Allison, and the two "Big" Ben's. And Taylor and Jackson, and Girl Ryann, and Boy Ryan (A fireman that works with Jake). For the lawn mower, and my bycicle with no training wheels. For the blue car, that was on the road, and made me crash, and break my tooth.
Mom: Ok, Ben, finish up.
Ben: Ok, and, and, and, and, and, and, and (the stuttering is a constant now, he is always so excited and he can't get his words out)
And in Jesus Christ name Amen.
Moments like this. Ok. I am still doing okay as a Mom, even if my son was a terror in the grocery store.
3 comments:
Oh, Maria! I think I had de-ja-vu while you were describing your attempted shopping trip! :) I just chuckle because I know oh so well that feeling you were describing while your child throws a fit in public! Not fun. That was nice you could leave & Jake could go to the store for you. I think many times that is the best option, but sometimes I just couldn't leave empty handed. You are a great mom! I love everything he says in his prayers- how cute! I sure miss you guys! I didn't know you got a van- I bet it's nice to have more space. Love to you, Jake & kids!
I commend you for trying to tackle the grocery store with two little ones. I avoid it at all costs! My kids do the exact same thing, so don't be hard on yourself. It's funny though, when I do take them by myself, I feel like everyone is looking at me like "what kind of mom are you just letting your kids act all crazy"; however, when Josh takes them, he gets hit on by women and talked about how good of a dad he is for doing that!! So sexist and makes me sick!!
Haha, that is awesome Tiffany! I exactly what you mean though! Jake said he had taken both kids to the dr one day for one of Ben's appointments, and the nurse's were all over him about being Mr. Mom!
Post a Comment