This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, February 26, 2010

Five Year Anniversary !

Who is this guy?

So, actually 6 years ago to this day, I got a phone call around 7pm, from a guy named Jake. I actually didn't answer it when he called because I was too nervous and had way too many butterflies. I knew I liked him a whole lot, and just didn't want to screw anything up. So 15 minutes later I called him back. We had been emailing each other back and forth for about a week before that when we had met up through my best friend, Jesse, on February 19, 2010. It was supposed to be a fun night out with some guys she used to work with in Springfield while she went to college there. And randomly enough, we hit it off, and became best friends. Engaged 6 months later, and then on Feb 26th, 2005 married!! WOW!

Since, I have been married to him so long, and feel I have the right to embarass him a bit, I am going to add a few pictures of my honey before I got to meet him. Now as you will see, we know where Benjamin gets his good looks from!



I know some are small, but with the help of my favorite Mother and Father in law, they were able to scan and email them to me!! YAY! Thanks Deena and Doug!

So, where are the pictures of me as a baby you ask....well, I wasn't able to find any. And in all honesty, we don't have a whole lot. You would be amazed how few baby pictures get taken as you go down the line in a family of ten. Haha, It's no bd Mom and Dad. I really don't want to share the photos that I do have anyways.

Anyhoo,

Jake, I can't believe we have already been married five years. We have been through a lot, and I can honestly say I love you more now than ever. I love waking up beside you. I love having babies with you. I love just hanging out with you. You are my best friend, and my true love. I love watching you be an amazing father to our two beautiful children. You are smokin hot! And I count my blessings everyday, wondering sometimes how much I don't deserve you. I LOVE YOU BABE! To celebrate,we went out for Sushi last night, and it was awesome! Best Sushi I have probably ever had.

Hope your day is wonderful, Babe!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy anniversary! Cute slide show...it's always fun to see old photos!

Crystal Ann said...

Happy Anniversary!Can't wait to see you all tonite. P.s. that's one hot cub scout, LOL

Lynn said...

I loved reading this post and seeing all the old pictures of Jake!

I totally remember Nugget! And I was there on the beach with him when he was standing on that tall piece of driftwood. It's crazy how much time has gone by.

I'm so glad to know that he's married to you and that you two take such good care of each other and that you're happy.

Congrats on the 5 years!