This is going to be "another" one of those posts about how flippin awesome it is being a Mom. Man, God didn't hold back back when he created children and their mothers. It's exciting, it's crazy, it's emotional, it's amazing. Jake and I were talking the other night about the love we have for our kids. I remembered when I was pregnant with Jonna, and Ben was almost two. I worried that I would not be able to give as much love, OR even LOVE Jonna as much as I love Benjamin. I mean he was a pretty tough act to follow. I really didn't understand how I would be able to love them equally.
Then I had Jonna. That precious little girl was my sweet Jonna Baby from the moment I saw Jake holding her for the first time. I looked at my angel, and I just welled up in tears of love. "MY cup overflowed" as someone very wise once said.
By the way, have I mentioned before about this baby girl and her Daddy!? She is enthralled with him. He walks into a room and she lights up, smiling her beautiful smile. Her hands start waving and legs start kickin! And the effect she has on her Dad, I mean that is a whole other ballgame. He shows a softness with her that melts my heart into chocolate syrup. I say chocolate syrup, cuz Well...I love chocolate syrup.
So, this double love thing I was referring to. It isn't about loving one child as much as you love the other child. There is no comparison that even exists. You just love them both ultimately, so much that you could explode with tears one second, and then laugh the 'good hearted from the stomach laugh' the next second. There is no favorite, and there never will be. You are there paretns for life, and will be there for either of them at any given moment, sometimes whether they want you there or not. OH, how true may that be in the high school years.
Now I understand my Mom a little bit. All ten of my siblings, have faults, troubles, and have all given my mother some trying times. But I know deep down, that not once did she love one of us more than the other. I mean can you imagine how much my Mom may want to explode sometimes with HER love. Heck, multiply hers times 10 children, and then add another 8 grandchildren! She's just trying to keep up.
So, I had this post all written up in my head at 12:30am last night while I was feeding Jonna her bottle, and she was holding my hand. Knowing Ben was curled up into a ball in our bed wrapped up in Jake's arms. I had all of these overwhelming thoughts that I wanted to put in writing, and it's all so perfect upstairs, but I did my best to put it together here.
No comments:
Post a Comment