This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, October 9, 2009

October 2009

So, lately really I have no desire to write a lot or blog much or do much with pictures. Mainly because I would mess with pictures at home, and #1 I don't want to be at the computer when I can enjoy my time with Ben and Jonna, and number #2 I have barely seen my husband in the last several weeks. He hasn't been home, and so I don't really get a break to have 10 minutes to myself. All I wanna do when the kids go down is head to bed myself. This is okay though cuz I need my rest so that I am as close to 100% as possible in the evenings, mornings, and weekends at home when I am with the Jonna and Ben by myself. I always refer to them as my buddies because they are. I spend my time having a 20 minute serious conversation with Ben in the evenings, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even Jonna now stares intently and smiles at Ben as he carries on conversation with her.

Converation with Ben as we get ready to eat dinner, and I am holding Jonna:

Me: Ben will you carry your plate to the table, Please.
Ben: Ya, I carry plate to table, Mom.
Me: Thanks Ben, you are so much help.
Ben: Thanks Den, Help.
Me: Can you put the silverware out?
Ben: (Grabs chair to scoot over to the silverware drawer) Ya, ware out. (Proceeds to grab two forks and a spoon and lays them horizontally on the table, not vertical like most)
Me: Ben do you want water?
Ben: Ya, water. Ice water. Oh..... I got it! I got it! I gooooooooot it!
Me: Ok (as he fills his cup with water from our water dispenser in the fridge)
Ben: Ice Mom?
Me: okay
Jonna: Cries
Ben: It's okay Jonna, it's okay Jonna. Lem-me see Jonna. (Kisses her head and rubs it thoroughly)
Me: Thanks Ben, You are such a good brother.
Ben: Good Brudder.
Me: I love you Ben.
Ben: Luv you Den.
Me: Mom loves you Ben.
Ben: Mom loves Den.
Me: Let's say our prayer then eat.
Ben: BIB MOM!
Me: Ok Ben.
Ben: Ok Den.
Me: Thank you dear Jesus for this day (our hands are folded)
Ben: This day
Me: Thank you for all of your blessings and taking care of and providing for us.Please keep us healthy and strong.
Ben: US
Me: we love you dear Jesus, and say these things your name, Jesus Christ, AMEN
Ben: Jsus, Amen.
Me: (now both sitting at table) Did you have fun at Shari's today?
Ben: Ya, Shari's today. Josie, Ai-den, Max, Ai-den timeout.
Me: Did you get put in timeout?
Ben:Noo-oooooo. Aiden timeout.
Me: Ya, you get put in timeout when you don't listen or do something wrong, right?
Ben: Ya, wha-rong. Mmmmmmmmm, good. (As he shovels in ten pieces of cut up pork tenderloin at one time)
Me: Mmmmmmmm. Good.
Jonna: Coos
Ben: Ahhhhhh Joooo-NNNNNA!
Me: She loves you Ben.
Ben: loves you Den.
Me: Wanna play Dinosaurs after we eat?
Ben: Ya, Dino-sours.
Ben: Cookie, Mom?
Me: Eat all your food first.
Ben: Ok Mom. ALL DONE!
Me: not quite, finish eating all your meat.
Me: Mom's tired Ben.
Ben: Tired Mom. I tired Mom.
Me: Let's go to bed early tonight!
Ben: Noooooooo, Dino-sours MOM!
Me: I love you Ben.
Ben: love you Den.

Here are some pics from last weekend at Great Grandma Kusick's house. You would never guess she is 87 years old!

2 comments:

Miranda G said...

Don't ya just love the conversations with our little ones..haha, they are just so darn cute!

Lori O said...

I know what you mean! I can't seem to find the time to blog much lately either.