Which brings me to another point, on a sentimental note, I heard a song yesterday on our way to Church. A very known song, this version sung by Bryan Adams, "Everthing I do I do it for You" An oldy but a goody, but it is special to me, because it was actually the first song I learned to play on the guitar that wasn't a church song. I learned to play the guitar in grade school through church, and really haven't done much with it for the last several years, but I can break it out every so often and mess around, which is still fun. So anyways, listening to that song yesterday has a much greater meaning now to me than it ever had before. It hits the nail on the head regarding my thoughts for each loved one in my life, starting with Jake, Benjamin and Jonna. A daily routine with a newborn and toddler is challenging. At times, I wondered, is it going to get easier? And it will, I know it will. It always does. But one thing is for certain, every waking moment I have in a days time is dedicated to three most important people in my life. First, to my husband, that I love more than I ever thought possible. Without his support and care for me, I don't know where i would be. Second, to my darn stinkin cute son, Benjamin. He tries my patience time and again, but makes up for it every bit, when he is the perfect angel, that shows Mom and Dad and Jonna how much he loves us by his daily kisses, hugs, pats, and "I love you's". And last but not least our beautiful daughter Jonna. Wow, how quickly you learn to fall in love with a child so much seems impossible. A smile a day from her is my best medicine at 1am in the morning when I yearn for my bed the most, thinking I have two hours left before I will have to wake up again. There is something about your new baby, that you know you would do anything in the world for if you could.
Getting to my point that every moment of every day is about my family. Yes, I need breaks from time to time, but right now my focus is with them, and with God's strength I power through each day. Jake and I talked the other day, about whether or not I was ready to head back to work. I know in time, I will be ready, probably more than ready, but right now, I have too much responsibility to Jonna and Ben. It sounds odd, but that is the shortest in words I can explain it.
So tomorrow we head for some family pictures, which I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Here's some pics:
15 days old
16 days old
17 days old
Told you he is "STINKIN" cute!
18 days old
Next thing I know, I will blink and Ben will be three and Jonna 1!
2 comments:
Good motto Mama Mia!!! Especially when you're sleep deprived. Like my mom always says "we're too blessed to be stressed!" Hang in there. MIss you all.
I'm so happy to see Jonna with bows/headbands on her head, I was going to have to beat the next one of you that had a girl and didn't put bows on her head=)
Post a Comment