It has begun, Jake headed off to work this morning, and Mom is being put to new tests! I want to make something very clear up front though. I am so thankful, that Jake was able to stay home with me the first two weeks of maternity leave. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him, and I have a whole new respect for single mothers, or those mothers that have to take care of everything themselves when they have multiple children. That is the one great positive about his job, I may not always like the hours, but for him to be able to be off with me after Jonna's delivery makes up for it.
So, overall a good morning. Jonna was up from about 12:45 to 2am last night, and then headed back to sleep until 4:30am for another feeding. We headed back to bed at about 5am, Jake left for work and as the garage door closed, Ben decided it was time to get up. So, he came back to bed with me, and woke up about 6:45am, in time to change his clothes, eat some breakfast, watch Mickey Mouse Club, and Jonna awoke at 7:30. I fed her as Ben ran around the house finding things and bringing them back to me to show me. Tonight, I already have Jonna's room set up with toys and books for him, so hopefully he will hang out with me in there for 15 minutes while I am incapacitated feeding. I always worry when it gets silent in the house, and I don't know where he is or what he is doing. Did I mention I still pray a LOT?! I think it keeps me sane. We walked down the street to daycare at about 8:30, and Ben didn't really want to let go of my leg! It was difficult leaving, but I honestly know he will have a better and more exciting day at day care than home with Mom.
I keep thinking I need to borrow another couple kids in the evening time, so Ben has someone to play with. It is hard to divide attention between the two of them. But this also reminds me that, in a year's time, they are going to be keeping each other busy, and playing (fighting....) together, which may help.
I went to visit my work yesterday, and everyone loved, loved, loved Jonna. They told me to quit asking questions about work though. I couldn't help it. They also gave me tons of compliments on how well I looked for just having a baby, and any post partum mother knows that is a big boost of confidence to you, especially when some days you look like death run over. Haha. And I am 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weitht. Note: I think these last 10 will be much more difficult to lose than last time. Hopefully, once I am healed enought, I can get more exercise on my new bike!
Note on breastfeeding (Day 15): Some times, I feel like, "YES, I am over the hump of inhumane discomfort" then I have an experience like last night again. I won't go into details, but it can be difficult to put mildly. Well, especially when you are half asleep and you want to go back to sleep so bad!
So, all is well in Holee land, and after I get a few things picked up here, I am taking a nap with my daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment