This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Showers and Spray Parks

My ritual in the morning is quite humorous, at least to me. And I don't know how long this will keep going.

Every morning, the end of last week and this week, Ben gets up as soon as I get up. I have been so thankful lately that he has been sleeping from about 8:15pm to 430 or 5am every night. Which in the Holee household is absolutely wonderful! Usually, when he gets up, I just grab him and put him in bed with me. Usually, Jake is already up getting ready to leave or is at work. We sleep or lay in bed till my alarm goes off at 5:55, and then I see if I can magically move from the bed without awaking him. It hasn't worked. So, we talk for a minute, to put him in a good mood of course. Then we grab a sippy cup, blanket, his "Animal" book and "Firetruck" book and he sits on the bathroom floor while I shower. The funny part about it is he points to pictures and animals, saying them outloud, and I (while showering) talk to him back through the shower curtain and reassure him, or ask "OK, what is that one?" And we have conversations back and forth till I am done. Then we brush our teeth together. I go dress him, and then bring him to the living room to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I am amazed because Ben is still not one to watch TV for long periods of time or at all, and he will sit there for a good 20-25 minutes to watch that while I get ready for work in our bedroom. This ritual has made our mornings pretty darn easy, and I am loving it. Then, I think about throwing a newborn into that mix, and get a little worried. We will just adjust again, as any of you parents know is a "constant."

Also, last weekend Jake, Ben, and I along with his Sister Jessica, and her children went to Stephens Park in Columbia. It was awesome. First off, free!! Second it has a swimmable lake, and a spray park. BEN LOVED the spray park, and attached are a few photos.

Ben and I having some fun getting wet. That water was cold!! Ben didn't mind, but Mama isn't as tough!


Ben and Jake, you couldn't get Ben to slow down much! He was just too excited!

Isn't she adorable?! You are lookin pretty hot yourself, Jake. Nothing like my good lookin man holding his little neice, Sydney.

Jessica, Syd, and Ben

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Great pictures! Look like ou guys had a lot of fun!

Lori O said...

That Ben is going to be one handsome young man some day. Watch out ladies! (Skyler, Sisarea, Sydney...)