This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, June 18, 2009

Exactly four weeks from today!

I will be having a baby!! Jonna will be here, unless she decided to make an early arrival, which I am beginning to think is very possible! All day yesterday at work, I was very uncomfortable, and reading the signs, was having a lot of preterm labor. I just kept drinking water, and walking around to try to be as comfortable as possible. I think Jonna has also moved to a lower position which is affecting my hips a lot. I can't imagine for any reason going this early, but I am starting to realize I probably should get a little more prepared, like pack a bag for the hospital, and have back up people for daycare pick up for Ben just in case. A few other tidbits here and there.
Ben was so sweet to me last night, because when I would get pains, I would go lay down on the bed and he would come in to hug me, and say, "OK?" and then lay by me for a minute or two. Just a good caretaker of his mother. Really, I don't even know if Jake knows what is going on, and doesn't seem to pay much mind, but I think that is just the way he is. He figures I'll be fine up till birth.

Last night, I woke up to some contractions about 6 minutes apart. They hurt pretty bad, and I got up walked and drank a glass of water. It took a while to get back to sleep, but once I did, I was out like a rock, and woke up exhausted. So, mabye I am just really tired which is adding to the discomfort. I have some stresses going on that probably don't help, but oh well. Such is life.

I have an appointment tomorrow, so we will see what Doc says! I don't know if I mentioned last time, but last appointment, her irregular beats had come back, but not quite as often. I would say over a 15 to 20 second period, she would have an off beat. Where as initially, her beats were all over the place. So, Doc didn't seem too concerned. It would be great to hear good news tomorrow about that. Even though I shouldn't worry, I do. Especially as the time gets closer. I just pray every day over and over again, for a healthy, strong little Jonna!

Back to the grinding stone! Hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

It's getting close! Good luck at your appointment today, you'll have to let us know how it goes!

Crystal Ann said...

Praying for you! Good luck today.