This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Sunday, June 14, 2009

34 weeks

Just cruisin along with pregnancy. 34 weeks, and a count down of a little over four weeks till C-section day. This pregnancy has been quite different from my pregnancy with Ben. I can honestly tell you now, if Jonna is healthy and ready, I am all for going earlier than my due date. With Ben, I was still quite nervous, and didn't know what to expect. And truly, had a wonderful third trimester. Not to say this one is bad, but I am more tired,and uncomfortable with Jonna. The fact of having toddler Ben probably doesn't help. But also picking up 30lb big brother is taking a toll on my back. And I don't remember getting so uncomfortable from some of her kicks and movements. Ben stayed to the lower left side, Jonna is mostly in the middle with her hind rump usually above my belly button sticking out time and time again. She is head down, and has been for over a month now. She is growing because at points I feel her rump stick out and then on my lower right side another big bump will move out at the same time, assuming this is her little head. The funny thing is often she will lay that way while I rub her rump or head, like she really enjoys the massaging. Ben is preparing for her coming by taking care of a stuffed dog he has. He will put it in her swing and rock him, and now he likes to put him in her bed with a blanket and pillow. He puts his fingers to his lips, and says SHHHHHHWWHHHHH! Sleepin!It's so funny.
According to babycenter.com she is 4 and 3/4 lbs and she is almost 18 inches long. Also, as a sidenote, they mention that most babies born between 34 and 37 weeks are healthy, may have to spend a few nights in the neonatal unit for the lungs to finish maturing, but she will be good. It is just nice to know that for any reason if I did go this early, Jonna should be all right! I also want to mention, how much I love saying her name and talking about her. Jonna! I think it is beautiful, just like she is going to be. Overall, we are really just very excited! We know what to expect moreso this go around, and knowing the joys of Ben, makes us that much more anxious to see Jonna. I know the time will be here before we know it! Also, i better add a few pictures of Ben today. Notice the new pool we got for Ben! Quite a sore subject with me still. As you all know, Ben had a swimming pool, but Mugsy decided to use it as a chew toy along with our garden. Not HAPPY!

And he also got a basketball too! He still loves balls!!
After church, we headed to Grandma and Papa Kusick's and he played on the slip and slide. Too much fun.
At times we turned the hose off hooked to the slide because Ben was totally wearing himself out. He literally ran up and down at least 50 times, saying, "Mark, set, go!" He was so out of breath. This is him telling Grandma, that the water was gone! "Where did it go?" he says.
And then we were back at it.

No comments: