Anna Banana
She is #2, second oldest of all of us, and she is nothing short of a fireball! 4'9" Superwoman, would be a pretty good description. And very ornery. She is one that will let you know what she thinks, and doesn't hold back. Sometimes, I wish I had more of that in me.
Growing up,I remember Anna being quiet, mostly stuck to herself, and we always joked that she slept all the time. So many of our home videos of us back in Frankenstein, show Anna sleepin on the couch or just loungin around. I think she also had to grow up quickly, just like Jessica. In taking care of her younger brothers and sisters.
Anna was a runner also. I remember she got me running with her to gradeschool in the morning. I think it entailed about a mile of gravel road, and another mile of blacktop.
Anna always wore the cutest clothes and I do remember that the majority of clothes we got were hand me downs from one particular family that had girls that were Anna and Jessica's age. The best part was, they were THE Coolest clothes ever. I am talking "Girbaud", "Guess", "Z-cavarichi." Those that are my age know what I am talking about. Well, Anna and Jessica would get first dibbs, and being the pain in the butt sister I was I would always borrow without asking. Anna and I would get into some real trash talkin fights about the clothes, but I guess we always made up later.
I mentioned before she was a runner, and a pretty darn good one. She ran Cross-Country, and I think went to state two years in a row. She also ran Track, relays and 300 Meter Hurdles. She placed in state (5th?) running the hurdles her senior year. I mean, that is pretty aweseome considering the hurdle went up to her chest. I remember watching her run, it was always quite exciting.
We became great friends when she went away to college. Somehow, I think I made it up to visit her every month or every other month, when she went to College in Warrensburg. Those were some pretty good times, weren't they Anna? We may have had a little too much fun.
I don't want to get myself into trouble here, but it use to be a "thing" to go and "T-P" friends' houses. Anna started me on that. Hahahha,hmmmmmm..we probably did that a few too many times. I remember one time, I had to jet across a road because we saw the car's headlights coming, and I jumped over the other side to fall down and embankment, crushing my big toe in the process. Anna proceeded to tell Mom, that we were out late, had headed to Taco Bell, and Maria fell and stubbed her toe on the curb. Good cover Anna!
Onto the later years, Anna graduated from Warrensburg, then proceeded to enlist in the Army, wow. She decided that wasn't for her after several years, and She married Matt, a whopping 6ft 2in, and had two darling little girls back to back.

Elle(6) and Mati(4). These two girls are pistols just like their mother. Elle is gonna be "Big like her mother" and Mati is going to take more after her Dad.

Anna has worked for the government in Veteran Affairs and HR for several years now. She is always on the search for "Bigger and Better" which is one thing I love most about her. She is not one to settle and is capable of conquering the world if you ask me.
She is not one to slow down, and always is up for anything. She was down visiting the other weekend, and was awesome. She was so much help, and it was so much appreciated. She even watched Ben for a day, so Jake and I could go to the Lake.
She just graduated with her Master's and you know not two minutes after the ceremony, she was saying, "ya know, I think I will go get my doctrate".

So my question is, Who wouldn't admire Anna Banana? I could probably write a ton more, like watching her play Rugby in college and playing co-ed, watching her take out guys twice her size. Or the fact that her and I would have push-up contests with random people and win. Or maybe that fact that she is also the best mother ever. Her girls are her world, and you would know it at first impression. So, cheers to you Big Sis! I hope to continue and have just half the motivation and drive that you have five years from now.
1 comment:
Thanks Mia!!! It took me a while to read this! your the best!
Post a Comment