This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dear Baby Holee

Dear my dear sweet Baby,

So, today is the big day, Jake and I have been awaiting since seriously the first day we knew we were pregnant with you. To say I am excited is quite the understatement. After 11:30 today the planning will begin. We will get the babyroom ready and more!

I will be honest to say, I am a little more excited finding out today than the day we found out with your older brother. Not that either of you is more special than the other, but I can say that the reason for me being SO excited this time is because of your older brother. Ben has taught Jake and I how wonderful a child is. Granted he is a boy, and you may be a girl, but either way we have another baby coming that we get to share a life with and parent and love for. Children are true miracles and I can say that from experience now.

If you are boy, then bring it on! Ben will have a brother to play and cause trouble with. We already have a ton of boy clothes, and blue, blue blue accessories and toys. So that is no problem. Plus I kind of know a little of what to expect.

If you are a girl, well then there is excitement of the unknown. I have so many nieces and I can't get enough of them, so to have a daughter would be most grand also. Having lots of nieces will hopefully benefit us in the clothes and accessories part for a girl too, so I don't worry much there either.

When we painted the baby room, we made sure it was uni-sex before we even found out we were pregnant the first time, so we wouldn't have to re-do it ever!! Your Mother doesn't like to paint.

The number one thing I am so excited to see today is your little tiny body growing and developing. I hope and pray you are just as healthy as can be. You move around and kick all the time, and I get to feel you which makes it more real. Your Dad got to feel you kick for the first time just last week. To see you will be that much more wonderful and real. I thought I was carrying you high, but as I have gotten bigger, I notice you are actually quite low already making Mom go to the bathroom 25 times a day! You are very strong, and some of your kicks almost surprise me. It's your little way of saying Hi to me!!

Can't wait to see and meet you!!

LOVE,

MOM

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Soooo, is it a boy or a girl?