I didn't want to leave the prior post as the first post to read for very long, because well, it was super negative, and I feel a little better today. "positive thoughts floating from me to you right now"
The title of this post couldn't explain itself any better. For those that saw his gallery prior(it's expired, sorry) you would have noticed that Benjamin is by far no longer a baby. He is my "little man." Sometimes, it is so hard for me not to explode with love when he does the most adorable things.
As I have mentioned before Ben is a helper, and wants to do whatever anyone else is doing ---No matter what. I do appreciate his hard work though, because at one point he probably won't want to be such a 'helper'.
He loves to help take out the trash, clean or sweep the floors, and other random housecleaning chores. Most recently, he has become fond of as soon as I get home, he wants to take my shoes off, and he goes and puts them away in his closet with the rest of his shoes. Often now, if I can't find my shoes in my closet, I know they are probably in his. So thoughtful.
Next, he loves to help clean the table after a meal. Including his high chair. Once down from the highchair, he carries one item at a time over to the sink whether it be his bib, plate, cup, butter dish, silverware. It is alwasy best to have a person standing there at the sink for deposit, because Ben believes magically if he gets it "close enough" to the sink, then it will float in by itself. If we do not let him accomplish these tasks or help and carry by himself, he screams quite a bit.
Example, We had dinner at Alison's house, and old highschool friend of mine, and when he was "all done" he proceeded to get down from the chair and try to carry his plate to their kitchen. Well, knowing that sometimes he may drop or spill what is left on the plate, I tried to help. Let's just say that didnt' go over very well. So, I followed crowched down behind him diligently as Alison and Cheney, her husband laughed. It was pretty funny I can agree. He also got to eat a big bowl of icecream all by himself. He does quite well with silverware now. No icecream headache was going to slow him down, he would cry for a sec, and then proceed with the next bite.
He knows what "relax" means. When I say, Mama's gonna relax, he runs to the recliner, and notions for me to sit beside him. So cute, we put our feet up and chill, both crossing our legs in front of us at the ankles.
He is very fond of shoes and wants to wear everyone's that is available. The cutest is him wearing Jake's shoes because one of them is about the length of his leg. He does quite well walking in them though.
He wants to go "potty" all the time. If we are in the bathroom, he thinks he needs to go. So, I figure why not, up we go on the toilet, he grabs TP, acts like he wipes, puts it in the toilet. Says all done, and wants to hop off an flush. I don't know if he is quite ready yet, but I will let him be as interested as he wishes for a while before we try. It can't hurt.
If Jake is fixing something, Ben is sitting right beside him with screwdriver in hand concentrating very hard on what he may need to do to help. Sometimes he finds a screw and turns the tool. When he is done, he looks at you with his famous face of accomplishment.
He is very close to being able to feed Mugsy by himself. We just have to remind him to move "SLOW, SLOW, SLOW" as he carries the water dish or food over to Mugsy's corner.
If I am getting dressed he likes to try to help me put my pants on, that is always fun. I have to mention this because I do think it is hilarious. I have found him come around the corner with a pair of my underwear or Jake's boxers on his head. Where he learned to do that, I do not know!
He likes to brush his own teeth, brush his hair, clean his face and hands, and attempts to dress and undress himself.
He has developed a habit of just coming up to Jake or I smiling really big and giving us a big hug. I don't know that Ben will ever understand how much that melts me inside. Probably when he has kids of his own.
One thing is for always certain, there is never a dull moment, and he is the greatest joy in our lives. He is the reason I am sooooo extremely excited to have this little girl. What a blessing to be able to have two children. Ben lets me know what I have to look forward to all over again.
2 comments:
Ah, Benjammin- you keep making your mommy proud, love you!! And keep up the "helping" She'll need it more than ever very soon :)
Ha! Skyler also shows up around the house with my underwear on her head or around her neck. I've wanted to post pics on my blog but I just can't get myself to do it. I mean, it's underwear...
Post a Comment