It is hard to be really sick, tired, and miserable and take care of your toddler by yourself. He hasn't been bad. Did you know though that little boys can be occupied with the simplest thing as a kick ball over a 1/2 hour at a time. And, actually, after a skipped nap yesterday we both went to bed by 6:45. I'll take it!
It's hard to not get rest, be up coughing most the night, and go to work because you have deadlines, and it isn't really an option to call in sick. Plus, I am pregnant. But that really isn't a problem, except our little girl is probably getting jostled uncomfortably by the coughing jolts. Well, that and since I don't use my stomach muscles at all and havn't much for the last six months, it feels like I have done a million and two sit-ups.
And the added hotness of having a huge lump swollen under your chin from the enlarged glands adds a whole new meaning to a double chin. Each time I swallow, I cringe with pain. Wanna lose weight? Get a sore throat so bad that the thought of swallowing actual food scares you! Don't even think about talking. As I hear my phone ring 10 million times, I think really? Today? couldnt' you just wait and call tomorrow or even better yet, the next day?
Oh my! Ok, enough complaining. But I am just gonna go ahead and give myself a little pat on the back for being such a trooper and diligently working away. What will I do for lunch today? You guessed it, nap-time.
3 comments:
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well Mia, hope you get some rest and feel better fast!
OH, MY, So reading that post, when I was referring to the phone ringing, I was only talking about work calls. Not my cell phone. Man, that sounded mean didn't it?!
I can relate to the phone thing!!!!
Especially if I'm attempting a nap!! Not mean at all!
Post a Comment