OH MY GOODNESS! So, I had a day off yesterday and spent till about 10:30am of it at the dentist office. I have four cavities that were found in a check up back in November. Unfortunately because I was in my first trimester then, they were unable to do any of the dental work till I hit second trimester when Baby Holee was in the "safe" zone. Well, the first two they drilled away at yesterday. By the time they were done, I wondered what portion of tooth was left. He said he had to drill quite close to the "pulp" which was going to cause me some major discomfort in the healing process and I have a possibility of absess. I am thinking, Great! Why not?
So, last night while sleeping in the recliner sitting up because I was unable to lay my head down from the throbbing of my mouth, I dozed off and in my sleep, I guess I decided to chomp down with my teeth. I went unglued, and pretty much would have rather had someone cut off my left toe than feel what I was feeling. Unfortunately I am also only allowed to take tylenol verses any anti-inflammatory because I am pregnant. According to something I read on-line "Aspirin, ibuprofen, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) interfere with blood clotting and increase the risk of uncontrolled bleeding for both mother and baby. Toward the end of pregnancy, they hinder production of the hormones that stimulate labor, so that labor may be dangerously delayed or extended."
After a good hour of crying and pacing the floor, and several pain inflicted Braxton Hicks contractions, I decided I best call my OB to see my options. She sleepily called me right back after a page was sent to her and advised me to try a one time dose of 800mg of Ibuprofen. Assuming I wasn't going into labor or having internal bleeding, it would be all right. I did and 1/2 hour later I was in snooze land till about 6:30 this morning.
No other way to describe the evening as horrendous! I hate tooth pain worse than any other pain in the world. And lucky me, I have an appointment Monday morning to fix the other two. Good thing is they aren't quite as deep. THANK GOODNESS!
2 comments:
Yikes! That doesn't sound very fun. Good luck!
Ah,you poor thing!!! Hope your weekend goes better!
Post a Comment