This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy

You know sometimes I still have to remind myself that I am pregnant. It's quite crazy, if I must say. So, I was just wondering if I felt this same way with Ben,and sure enough, on my old journal:

The belly
Date: 01/31/2007
I have decided that it is one of the oddest thing to see my belly grow. It seems like two weeks ago, I couldn't tell I was pregnant, and now all of a sudden I have a nice little "beer gut":) It is hard to connect the idea that there is a growing baby in there. I felt my first flutter at about 13 weeks and that same week I felt a definite kick while laying on my stomach one night. Since that, I haven't felt anything. Sometimes it still doesn't feel real. I think every morning I wake up reminding myself, "Oh yeah, you are pregnant, Maria." I know it is going to become more real as nugget starts to play around more in there. I know it will also make a difference when we know whether we got a boy or girl Holee.
When I really sit and daydream about it, I get into it. Imagining Jake as a Dad, and Me as a Mom. HAAA! Then the worrying kicks in. Will we be good parents? Will our child be healthy? What will we name him/her? ..... Yeah, I need to remind myself to slow down. For now, I want to enjoy the time Jake and I have before kids come. AS THEY SAY, IT ALL CHANGES!!! I believe 'them'. I have a hard enough time getting myself out the door in the morning.
______________________________________________________________________
Something that I have found to be very cool is that each night when I lay flat on my back in bed and put my hand over my belly. I rest it just an inch or so above my c-section scar, and I can literally feel Baby G curled in a ball in there. If I cup my hand, it about covers her. I don't have to press hard or anything, it's just that I can tell it is her. I don't remember every being able to do that with Ben. I guess I know more what I am looking for. And she really is about the size of a lemon, but growing bigger. It gets me so excited about having this second one. And Boy or Girl, I just can't wait. What is he/she going to look like. Will they look exactly like their father again, or will be more like me. And I pray each time that whatever sex Baby G is healthy as a horse.

No comments: