This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, January 26, 2009

14 weeks

Feeling great, living it up in my second trimester. Just read about the status of Baby G this week and realized she is getting big! Last time I checked she was the size of a lima bean or so, and now she is 3.5 inches long and about 1 and 1/2 oz. They compare her to the size of a lemon. When I look down at my little belly and try to picture her inside it literally amazes me. I mean what a true miracle for me to be caring yet another little one. I feel pretty darn blessed.

Just a few other tidbits:

She can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck her thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, her facial muscles are getting a workout as her tiny features form one expression after another. Her kidneys are producing urine, which she releases into the amniotic fluid around her — a process she'll keep up until birth. She can grasp, too, and if I were having an ultrasound now, I may even catch her sucking her thumb.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

aahhhh, I am so excited for you!! I am glad you're not quite as nauseated anymore! Sydney is rooting for a baby girl cousin! Love ya!

Crystal Ann said...

Yeah for the second trimester! God's way of rewarding you for getting through the first and getting ready for the third :) Glad you're feeling good.