This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm smart, right?

I really enjoy blogging, but I just haven't had as much time to do it as I wish. And there is always my dilemma of having this amazing idea and wanting to blog about it right away, then time passes, the thoughts pass, and it never gets blogged.

So, I have been catching up on some of my reading of other people's blogs which I thoroughly enjoy. It's kind of like my daily news of other people and their lives. I like reading people's thoughts, daily adventures, and even their venting. Sometimes, it even inspires me to write.

So, in my pondering, I decided I would review some of my most previous writings, and I realized, my blog has consisted of mostly Ben, and my pregnancy. Not that this is a bad thing at all, and I feel these two things in itself could entail a 1000 page novel, and Ben is only a year and 1/2. But there is more that goes on in my head than just those things. This is when I realize I have been getting caught up in the crazy busy days of our everyday lives, work, bills, sleep and eat.
#1, I am so ashamed to even write about this, but I will. Tuesday the 27th was Jake's birthday. Walked out of the house that morning, gave Ben and him a hug and kiss goodbye, and didn't even think or remember to say Happy Birthday. Yes, I forgot, until about noon on that day - that it was my loving husband's birthday. That is so, so, so, soooooooooo sad!! And I pride myself on remembering birthdays. I am always, or at least try to be, the first one to call and wish any of my 9 brothers and sisters a happy birthday on their special day. Even if it is 6 in the morning! So, needless to say, I made up for it that evening, by bringing dinner home, baking a surprise cake at work and brought it home, and just trying to give Jake a little break. You know my awesome husband didn't even get upset. He just says to me with a little laugh(a laugh I have grown to love), "it's okay babe, I know you have had a lot going on." Now if that didn't make me want to cry, I don't know what would.
There are no excuses. I have been taking on more responsibility at work, which means a lot of training, and I won't lie, it has been a stressful week, but it should never result in me forgetting the love of my life's birthday!!!

So, this is where I stop, breathe in and out, and slow the heck down. Life has been kind of like a jumble of hours, minutes, bedtimes, bathtimes, deadlines, sleep times, alarm clocks, watching the clock, and mealtimes. That sure doesn't sound like a full-filling life does it?!

We have visits every so often from missionaries at Jake's church. For those that don't know, I am Catholic, and he is Morman----And no, Mormans do not believe in polygamy, just an fyi. It is kind of like a stereotype that people have about Catholics and their child-molesting priests. That is the only way I can compare. You do things like that in the church, you get kicked out--- But back to my point, what I have found is that my beliefs do not sway far from their beliefs. In fact, a lot are pretty close. So I thoroughly enjoy learning, reading and just practicing my faith. And well, when they come to visit, they spread a good message. I will always practice Catholicism, but I still appreciate these missionaries visits. I think in a way it was God's way of giving me a swift kick in my patooty to get back into gear!

Anyways, back to my title of this post. I have always prided myself in thinking that I am a pretty smart girl, worked pretty hard to be where I am today. I still think I have a lot going for me. Don't get me wrong, I have made some mistakes in my life, I am human, but ya know, for the most part I consider myself on top of things. I love writing and hopefully plan to construe a little bit more in my blog posting than the same old thing. Now, don't think you are going to get out of reading about Ben and my pregnancy, well because really those are very too big things in my life, and really always will be. But I think I am more apt to share other things even if they are random thoughts about life.

So, all have a good weekend. We are headed to KC to visit some friends and family. Ben may even have a chance to do some wrestling on the mats at a tournament his Uncle J is coaching at. We all know how he loves to wrestle, so I hope to get some pics.

No comments: