This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slacking so I better get on it.

You know I have been a slacker on the blog recently. I just don't have too much to say right now, but I am sure I will pick up soon.

Lately, times have been busy, but they are about to get quite busier. Christmas is coming. Thanksgiving is this week. Ben's second Thanksgiving, wow! He will be pigging out with the rest of us for certain. Jason, Crystal and Ava came last weekend to visit and have fun, and everyone else is coming this week. Can't get enough! Ben and Ava look like little twins together they are so cute. We were at church on Sunday and Ava walked right up to him, grabbed his head and planted a big fat kiss on his lips. It was hilarious. Ava is so cute, and will pretty much say anything you tell her to, which can be a bad thing when uncle Johnny is trying to get her to repeat words.

Ben is becoming quite the little man. We are working on sounds with him, and the funniest is when we say, "what does a monkey say?" He will go, "eW, EW, EW, Ew, O, o, o, o" over and over and over. He thinks he is so smart. And when we look at his picture and letter book I think he thinks everything Growls. I try to focus on the lions, tigers, and bears growling, but for some reason he thinks turtles and frogs growl too. Oh, well, he will catch on. He's been able to say dog for months now, and he does know they say "ruff, ruff." Even Mugsy is still considered "DOG!" when he calls for him. This morning he was asking for a "nana" which is a banana. One word at a time, he will come up to you and say a complete sentence in some very serious jibber jabber, but it can't be understood by adult ears.

My Mom watched him last friday night while Jessica and I went to go watch "TWILIGHT"(BY THE WAY, I secretly love EDWARD. Some of you know who I am talking about. Jake is okay with that, considering he is a completely fictional charactaer). Anyways, Mom was telling me about him when I got back. She was going on and on about how smart Ben is. She said I am amazed at how careful he does things, and how much he knows. She said, he doesn't talk much, but he communicates great. She said, he will be like his mother and start talking in full sentences when he turns two. Haha. She said, "you aren't going to believe this, but he LOVES pickles." I just laughed. He is quite the pickle muncher. I have never seen him do this with Jake and I at home, but apparently when he is tired he starts lying on the ground in the living room to let Grandma know. She said by 7:15 after his sippy cup, he was out like a light. Ben has been going to sleep anywhere between 7:15 and 8 lately. Sleeping till 6am. It has been great!

He is getting over a cold now, and believe it or not, I think he is cutting his fifth tooth, up top on the right of his front tooth. I think that is why he ran a low grade temp over the weekend. Otherwise all is well, and more updates to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really need to get the Twilight books. So did the movie live up to the book?

Maria said...

Well, of course, no movie is ever quite as good as a book, but it was good, and well.........Edward is hot. But they did the best job I have ever seen of staying with what happened in the book. I loved it, and looking into the deep eyes of Edward Cullen. Oh,I should stop. But I do recommend reading the book, whether you go see the movie or not. I thought the movie was good, but others may not. I just ordered "The Eclipse" #3 of the saga. I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

ok, seriously. YOU ARE STILL SLACKING!