Where do I start?
Well, it has been quite an eventful week at home. That is for sure. Thanksgiving was wonderful. We even had our annual Kusick football game after dinner to celebrate. I think some of the boys are getting old, they all were feeling like they were going to throw up after the game. I participated even. Oh, it was fun. Reminded me of the days when I was young and limber. Reminded me how out of shape I am compared to what I used to be. Granted it was a lot of fun. Elle, Mati, Taylor, and Ben had lots of fun together, hanging out. There favorite was "ring around the Rosey" Over, and over and over again. Everyone laughed at Ben because he would alwasy be so careful when "we all fall down" he would gently place himself on the floor to his side, and if I was there he would fall into my lap. It was hilarious.
So, I have so much to be thankful for. My family, my husband, my son, my friends, my job, our house. We are all okay, and there are many families out there that the holiday season is probably the toughest, so I am so thankful for ours.
Ben came down with a horrible sickness the last couple days. He had a double ear infection, sore throat, and at night was running temperatures up to 103degrees. Scariest thing ever for me. You always hear the horror stories of children with too high temperatures suffering hearing loss. Anyways, come to find out he had Roseola. Yesterday morning, he awoke with the rash all over his face. Looked very uncomfortable, and by late yesterday afternoon it was gone. His doctor guessed it was that when he had his appointment the day before, but couldn't be quite certain for sure, and only told us to rotate motrin and tylenol every four hours for the fever. You bet I did. When his fever would spike, he felt like a fireball in my arms, and then he would shiver with chills. Our poor little guy. One thing about Ben, is he is a trooper. You don't really know he is sick, when he is sick. He always has fussy spells, just like any normal toddler but is usually in good spirits.
So, I hope that is over. We are going to finish the antibiotic and hope it clears his ears. Do you know he has gone five months without an ear infection or antibiotic. I find that quite amazing myself. He still drinks his rice milk, which decreases congestion I am sure. But, as always winter is here and tis the season for germs to take over.
Some random pics, of our little rascal!
Left him alone for less than three minutes to find him taking care of an entire container of wipes in his room.
My smiley man!
Still our little gymnast. Always balancing, and he has found he can climb on the coffee table from his toys. He considers it his little throne.
So this morning, Jake is at home with Ben, but he is also watching Taylor, Ben's cousin. They are about five months apart, and have moments when they LOVE each other then moments when they butt heads quite a bit. I give Props to my hubby today. He offered to take care of both of them, even after I said I stay half a day with him. He said NOPE, he had it under control. I don't find too many man that offer to watch two ornery little toddlers. So go Jake! I am looking forward to the report this afternoon.
1 comment:
Ahhhh, poor Bman! Hope he's feeling better. We can sympathize, been pretty sick up here too. :*(
Ava did put something in the mail today for Aunt Mia! Be checking. Hope Jake survived today. What a great Dad/Uncle!
Post a Comment