This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, November 20, 2008

Between 16 and 17 months

So, this is also where I am supposed to be keeping up on Ben's stats and not quite sure if I have lately. So his fifteen month checkup(Almost two months ago, whoops), I am pretty certain he was weighing in at 26lbs, 6oz, and was 341/2 inches long. At that time he was 75% height and weight. Which is awesome having the "kusick" blood in him. None of my brothers and sisters made it past the 50percentile mark. I think he is growing taller, now but don't think he has gained much weight in the last couple months. Still thinning out into a little man. But also wearing size 18-24 months clothes. Ok, he is still big.

Just to comment on Ben's eating habits. Well, for the most part he will eat anything we make for dinner, and that is the way it will stay. I will not be making a different meal for my child because he may not like what we are having. Plus it isn't healthy. So, for the most part he will eat it all. Last night, we had taco salad. He loved it. I even put onions, tomatoes, and lettuce on it. He picked out and ate the tomatoes first of course. That is the other thing HE LOVES fruit and vegetables. His favorites are still peas, green beans, bananas, and grapes. The latest food he has taken to is pickles. He can't get enough. You open the refrigerator door and he starts pointing at the jar, and he'll rub his tummy(Sign for please). Jake sent me a picture this morning, 8am of his mouth full of pickles. Snack after breakfast I guess.

Can't you just see how ornery he is?
Ben is too much. He is jokester, trouble maker, and the cutest little guy ever. He loves his Mom and Dad so much, and almost has them wrapped around his finger. He's gotta constantly be moving, unless it is bedtime, then everynight after bath we grab a sippy cup. Head to the recliner and sit back, cross our legs and relax. He ususally drifts off to sleep with one hand holding his cup and the other twirling his hands through his hair. One sure sign of Ben being tired is the hair twirl.

2 comments:

Crystal Ann said...

Oh I can't wait to see you big guy!!! Love the bath smiley pic :)

Jensen Family said...

I love the teeth, kind of reminds me of bugs bunny! We can't wait to see all of you, he has grown up so much since the last time we saw him!