This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How I know my Husband loves me.

Note to self: Playing catch with an orange while eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast don't mix.

So, this morning Ben and I got up as normal getting ready for the day. Jake worked the day before and got off this morning. He was on his way home to take care of Ben. When he walked in the door, we did our normal greetings. I love to see Ben's face light up as he looks to find his Dad is home. Often when I hear the garage door open, I say, "DAD is home!" and he takes off running.
I started to get my lunch ready, and he started to get Ben's breakfast ready. I had an orange in my hand I kept throwing up in the air, and Ben was intrigued. He thought it was a baseball, so I handed it to him, and he threw it my way.

Before I was getting ready to walk out the door, Ben was in his highchair and Jake was feeding him his cereal, smoothie and banana. We try to keep his bowl of food on the table verses the highchair because it keeps things less messy that way. Not this morning.

My bright idea was to let Ben throw the Orange to me one more time before I walked out the door to work. Well, he proceeded to grab it and throw it to Jake. It landed in his bowl of cereal which of course spilt the bowl and sprayed milk and cereal all over Jake's lap and shirt. Oopsy! He just got up and said nothing. I could tell he wasn't happy. I grabbed a towl and began cleaning, he headed to the bathroom to clean himself. Ben just watched everything in awe. I was trying to keep the smile to myself, when I said to Ben, "Mommy did a bad thing!"

Jake, still saying nothing, sat back down at the table and started to feed Ben again. I came over and looked at him, with, what's the word, *blank*-eating grin on my face, to say I was sorry, and asked, "are you mad at me?" He looked at me trying so hard not smile, and said. "No more playing catch with oranges at breakfast!" I laughed, we kissed, and off to work.

1 comment:

Crystal Ann said...

Ahh, what a nice guy that Jake is. Definitely wouldn't have been my response if Jason had done that :)