This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 08-First Bat at Trick or Treating

Benjamin did quite the job trick-or-treating. The town we live in is huge on going door to door. That is the way I always did it. We would go out for hours and come back with a ton of candy. We started off with Ben in the stroller, but that didn't last for long. He wanted to be out of it walking with the big kids to the door. He was hilarious, he became the first one to arrive to the door, and if they didn't put it in his bucket quick enough, he would grab it and put it in there for them. It was the cutest thing I have seen ever. Just pictureing him, run up to each driveway, with swinging bucket in hand. The funny thing was he really just thought he was getting toys, not candy. It was priceless!

Before we left, we had to carve our Pumpkin, that Missy from daycare gave to him. He attempted to eat some pumpkin and the seeds and decided they didn't taste that good. We lit it up outside for the trick-o-treaters to come through.

He wasn't quite certain what we were doing, but as always he was interested.

First of all he was a Fireman! Yes, of course like his Dad. But he sure got quite a few compliments on being the cutest fireman, anyone ever saw.

It ended up fitting him perfect, with a layer of clothes underneath. It was a beautiful night. I even dressed up myself as a witch. It was kind of fun.
We went with lots of family, Anna, Matt, Mati, Elle, Jessica, Brent, Sydney(she slept most the time:), Ethan, Matthew, and David with Jake and I. Quite a crew.

What is a fireman without his dog?

Notice the hat. It kept falling off and Ben would put it back on backwards.

Running to save the day! haha

Had to have a shot with Mom. My hat, you can't see very well, but it is a huge witches hat with sparklies, feathers, and everything!

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a fun halloween! And I agree, I think that is the cutest little fireman I have ever seen!

Becca said...

Lookin' good, Maria!! What a cute boy you have there!