So, I haven't really mentioned anything lately, but Jake and I have had his sister and her family of three boys and husband living with us as of last Saturday. Jake, Ben and I in our room and the boys in Ben's room, and Mom and Dad in the guest room. Quite the Brady Bunch in our small home. It has often been eventful, crazy, and even fun at times. Believe it or not, it has been much easier than I imagined. At least for me. It was nice this week having some company while Jake was gone working. I definitly wouldn't want to do this forever, but it was a great way Jake and I were able to help out when they found out that her husband's work was transferring him to our area. They would have stayed with us or a hotel till they found a place to live. And can any person imagine having three boy's ages 7,6, and 5 holed up in a hotel room all day? NO WAY! We have alwasy lived quite a ways from his family, so it was a great way for us to do something for them.
My dedication is to Mrs. Schwab. She is the mother who is also pregnant to have her first little girl in the end of October. So, if you can imagine she is pretty tired. Mr. Schwab works 10 hour days, six days a week. So, who do you think makes the family go round and round. Mom! She is good too. We have pretty much told them to make theirselves at home, and they do. The boys are onry, but what would you expect from three young boys. Benjamin loves having the boys to play with also. So a day in the life of her during the week, entails making hubby lunch, making the two oldes boys lunch for school, getting the two oldest to school, spend the day with her youngest while getting everything else in line after the big move, and do you know that every day this week I have come home - she has made dinner?! Amazing! She says it is no bd being that she has to make dinner for her family of five anyways, so what is adding two or three more in there? Man! What a woman! The boys, they have there Mom wrapped around their finger, but honestly Ben has me wrapped around his finger, so I really can't say anything. And the other thing is the boys listen. If I tell them to do something, they do it. The best one is explaining to them why we need to keep the lid to the toilet seat closed......Ben thinks the toilet is a little swimming pool he can splash around in. The other day E comes running into me, saying Ma-rwee-ahh!, Ma-rwee-ahh! Benjamin is swimming in the toilet! -haha, you know that makes me laugh! But yes, that is gross, I know.
So, props to Mama S! She's pretty tough! How she does it, I do not know! So, cheers to Mrs. Schwab.
2 comments:
How WONDERFUL is she! Gawd! What I'd do to have dinner sitting on the table ready to eat when I walk in from work...Here's my dream day (I mean dream work day) Get off work on time, pick up my precious little man, who is in a VERY HAPPY mood, sing Sesame street songs all the way home, walk in, to a CLEAN SMELLLING, SPIC 'N Span house with HOT dinner sitting on the table waiting for me to eat.....maybe a cold beer or glass of wine too=) How much my dream days have changed since being a working mom=) I dont think its to much to ask=)
Haha! Did I mention I walked into a beautiful vanilla aroma through the entire house coming from her candle warmer. And E had cleaned the window on our patio door! Nice!
Post a Comment