This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, March 16, 2012

Max

The story today on the way to school.

Ben: Mom, I had another awesome dream last night. I dreamt you were in the middle of the road, and a truck was coming, and I jumped off of a bridge onto the top of the truck. I yelled, "BEN HOLEE IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY" No......noo....wait, I said MAX is here! The bad guy was driving the truck and was going to get you. I climbed from the top of the truck through the window and broke all of his things, you know like his guns, Mom... I hit him in the head and he fell out, and I stopped the truck. I saved you.

Was that an awesome dream, MOM?!

Me: Yes, that was awesome, MAX!! (looking at Ben through the rearview mirror of the van)

Ben: Dimple smile from ear to ear.

------------------
Note: The kids played outside almost all last night. Not one action super hero show. And I am not sure who Max is, but apparently Ben looks up to him. Stories like these give my that "Catch my breath" feeling.

We have been outside a lot lately due to this crazy fantastic March 2012 weather. We can't get enough of it. They get baths every night, because they are covered in dirt and sweat and all that other child goodness. God is good!

No comments: