Benjamin and Jonna are growing. Not just taller, but smarter and more independant. I love anymore just to sit back and watch.
Benjamin has a superhero soul. I have said this many times, but he is going to do great things. Marvelous things, and I can't wait to be the one to say, "Yep, that is my son."
I have never seen a more patient boy in regards to a relentless younger sister. His patience reminds me of his father with a touch of my brother Jason and my brother Johnny. It is quiet, thinking, and he is a listener. As Jonna babbles on about one thing or another, he just watches her and will often say..."Jonna, you are onry." Jonna must repeat and do absolutely everything that Benjamin does. The day will come when it will annoy him to no end, but for now he is pretty proud that his little sister wants to be like him.
He is a gentle soul, like his father. He is very close to his mother. And I enjoy that, but I do want him to be more independant. While at the park last night, I watched him throw his football, climb the monkeybars, throw rocks into the lake while I sat 50 yards away seeing my boy flourish in his independance! Pretending to be a cowboy one moment to batman the next.
Benjamin still twirls my hair in his fingers when I sit beside his bed each night. And as always, I say "just for one minute". He is in speech class now with Ms. Sarah and he is making leaps and bounds. I am so happy that we are doing this now, and know that it will make the world of difference in each year here after. He will go one more year to Preschool and then I will have a kindergartner!
My stubborn spirited Jonna paid most of her attention to her toes while sitting in the sandbox.. She hummed and sang to herself as she tried to get each little toenail covered completely with sand.
She likes to test me ohh....quite often. She will talk back to me. She will throw things when she doesn't get her way. She will whine and demand. She will even call her Dad "poopy head". She also, tells me how pretty my hair is. That she likes my dress, and that her and I are beautiful, but Ben and Daddy are handsome. She hates more than anything to fall asleep. And will ask Jake or I to rub her neck, her back and play with her hair to soothe her to get there. She will ask to be held and just snuggle close for no reason at all. She is a very concerned serious girl, but yet quite funny. She is goofy, and not quite coordinated. She can run smack in to a door frame without a flinch, and it will appear she is looking right at it as she does it. Bandaids are very important to her. She would wear sandals every day. And now she combs her own hair and prefers only barrettes. She loves dresses. For over a month now, she is completely out of pullups at night. So for the first time in the past 4.5 years we have no need for purchase of diapering necessities. YAY!!!!
They both drink Chocolate protein shakes every morning. Jonna usually has a bowl of her favorite foods in the world almonds and/or strawberries. Ben sticks with a waffle, cheerios, or strawberries with honey and cinnamon.
We try to eat pretty healthy at home and it shows. Everyone always complements on how well they eat, whatever is given them. I don't know many kids that will eat baked fish two times a week, and devour broccoli and peas.
They both know how to do squats, burpees, and pushups. Ben will actually make up his own routines at night and Jonna follows him. Favorite thing to watch in the entire world! Who would have thought they would pay so much attention to me while working out at the gym. The weather has been unseasonably nice and we play outside the majority of the time that we are home. Jonna has become an excellent bike rider. She may not have her training wheels off as soon as Ben did,but she could be close. We still have lots of races. And anymore, it's Ben's idea.
Jake is busy. He is doing satellite and internet installs while getting his Paramedic clinical hours done, all while keeping up with the laundry and working at the fire stations. He has been so supportive of my new adventures as a trainer. I became Crossfit Certified just about three weeks ago and have started with coaching some classes. And I can't be more thankful to him to allow me to do this. We work pretty darn well together as a team. God did a great job matching us up.
We have signed up for a 5K together on July 1. This will be my first 5K EVER!!!! I am so stoked and couldn't be happier that my Coach at CFU will be there, but also my husband!
We are set to go to the beach for a family vacation in about a month and half. I CAN'T wait to take pictures of us and the kids down there. Ben and Jonna will be so excited!!
And well, they are still stinkin cute.
Life is good and all is well in Holee land!


1 comment:
Nice job on becoming a CF trainer, Maria! That's awesome. Jonna and Ava sound very much alike :)
Post a Comment