This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pokey

When we had attended Grandpa Joe's recent memorial, Ben dressed up in a suit and tie.

When we arrived at the luncheon, before getting out of the car, Ben, Jake, and I had a conversation.

Ben: Mom, why did some people call me pokey?
Mom: What?
Dad: Some people called you pokey?
Ben: Ya, they said I looked pokey.
Dad: You mean they said you looked "Sharp"?!!
Ben: Ya?!

End of conversation was explaining to Ben that they were complementing him, and synonyms for the word "sharp" used in a sentence.

I love the simple mind of a child.

Because life is fun!


And my husband likes to take jumping pictures as much as I do!!! (insert lots of sarcasm here)

1 comment:

Lori O said...

This conversation just made me LOL. So funny, so true, trying to understand their little simple minds! Skyler wants asked Ronnie and I when we could have cold again for dinner. We were so confused. She ended up getting mad until I asked her to describe what "cold" looks like for dinner, and she described the red and brown spicy stuff that Mommy eats in a bowl but we sometimes put in a burrito. Oh, CHILI!!!!!!!