This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Positive in the Bedroom

First of all get your mind out of the gutter!

You just never know where I could go with this, but believe it or not I am talking about the doorway between our bedroom and hallway. We have had a pull up bar for a while, but this is definately the most use it has gotten. I am striving towards getting stronger and powerful in pullups to get to my goal quicker. That means that sucker hangs there 24 hours a day, and if the thought crosses my mind of a pull up/chin up as I walk past it then there is no turnning back. They ususally come in sets of 5, sometimes 7, but I was able to pull 10 chinups out of no where late last week.

So, the best part about this bar, is that leaving it, I am always positive. For example, last night I left it thinking, "I totally focused on arms today in my workout, and they should be exhausted at this point, but I was able to crank out a set of 5 pullups and 5 chin ups. Sweet!" These take like minutes to do, so it's nice to be able to get that quick pick me up.

People laughed at my Dad all those years when they came to visit and saw the bar drilled in the doorway between the kitchen and living room. Who would have thought?

It also helps to have the best cheer section in the world behind me, saying, "You can do it Mom, one more!" Jonna and Ben then have to have their turn. Before I know it they are gonna be doing pull ups too!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's awesome, Maria! I'm so jealous. Your post title did have me a little thrown off at first :)