This is the first day of the rest of your life.

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built." Eleanor Roosevelt


Friday, September 16, 2011

Jinx

Been a crazy couple of weeks, but here I am wondering how life couldn't get any better. So much that saying this makes me feel as if I will jinx myself and my family.

I have traveled a lot recently from a wonderful trip to see my new beautiful neice Jayda and her family in Colorado. It was great, and I got my baby loving time in. It seems like it was just yesterday that Jonna was an infant like Jayda. But I was reminded how much dedication and work it is to be a new mother nursing her infant and making sure everything is just perfect. I found that Jessica and possibly most my sisters are probably quite a like in care for their new child. Little things are stressful. Your entire day focuses on a feeding, changing, sleeping schedule of your baby. When was the last poop? How many ounces? When was the last feeding? Can she/he make it another 1/2 hour? How to get rid of your baby's belly ache as fast as you can? Do I have time to sleep for 15 minutes? So, a good reminder. But I can promise you this has not changed my desire for our next little one to come along.

It actually made me start planning just a little bit more on when we can start trying. We know next year, but when? Everyone that has had babies lately are passing on all of their maternity clothes to me which seems like a swift kick to tell me to start using them. Haha.

One thing is for certain, loving on sweet baby Jayda and watching my sister Jessica and her first newborn snuggle on each other made me so excited for our next. Babies are miracles, and I think God has a plan for one more for Jake and I.

So, that trip was great. I missed Jake and the kids horribly. Then right after I returned for two nights I was back on the road for a conference for work. UGH! I missed my family so much. So, I finally returned and got back in to the swing of things with making sure I got mulititudes of hugs, tickles, wrestling, brownie making, kisses, and fun with the family, that I so dear desired.

While away from them, I had so much time to think, relate, wonder. Hearing stories from others, reading about people's paths in life. I thought, how wonderful a path I have been on.

When I was younger I was a wild one, you could say. I could have chosen a lot of different paths in life, but towards the later part of my college career; I got a good slap in the face to grow up. I was never a horrible person, just made mistakes and some bad decisions in life, including guys that I dated. It's really not okay to be with someone that treats you like dirt. I promise. I learned some lessons the hard way with a bit of hurt and some consequences. Somehow, things came to light for me. But I think that all came with a little bit of God's help. We have all heard the Footprints poem, well, there it is. He kind of veered me towards the life I lead today. And carried me when I needed it most. He showed me the way, I just had to follow. Here I go, all regligious again, but it's true.

Point of rambling: I can't believe how dang lucky I am. I have Jake, Ben, Jonna, my family, Jake's family. How blessed have I been.

So, to take a turn in the story. I wanted to focus a little on my dear ol' Dad. He's turning 60 years old the end of this month. That man has never ceased to amaze me. He works hard, is a great loving father, and darn ornery husband. He has one of the biggest hearts, and is the most sincere man that would do anything for a stranger. I admire him. I really hope that some day, I can say Ben reminds me of my Dad.

You hear me speak of doing 10 pull-ups. My physical fitness goal. Well, one day it shall come. Talk about physical fitness. My Dad, right around the corner from 60 can do 50 pull-ups. Amazing right?

So Happy Early Birthday to my dear old Dad.

And a knock on wood that everything continues run smooth in daily life. All is well in the Holee Realm.

No comments: